How does the string jewelery spell work?

ultimatballr

New Question:

Does anyone have the loss/cost per ammy? Not just the info per gold ammy?

Also say I need to do 1k casts.. do I buy 2k Astrals and 1k Ammys... or 2k astrals and 25k ammys? (assuming my invent consists of 25 spaces holding 25 ammys)

[hide=Old question]Well I am at work right now... on my phone.. And reading through some threads I saw string jewelry as a good method for 99 mage but I don't quite now how it works.

It seems to be good exp/hour but when I use the spell do I have to click each ammy I'm stringing or does it do them automatically?.

Also what amulets do I string?

What should I do with them when they strung? (Resell, alch, junk trade?)

Not worried about the cost but since we're here what's the exp/hour again?[/hide]

Apparently, my signature was to big.

You click the spell once and it automatically strings multiple amulets, provided you're holding the required runes. You might find that it stops at times in between the inventory. I'm not sure if it still occurs, but it did when I used this training method. Gold amulets are the most popular to string. Once strung you can resell them to some guy ater a quest. Might be Summer End quest. he buys them for the minimum GE price, and I believe the minimum=medium price at the moment. I usually sell mine to friends and they trade them off to the NPC.

I believe the xp/hr was around 150k. Enjoy the lack of clicking. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Just for confirmation:

The guy who buys gold jewelry is a rogue. You can free him from the Rogue's castle after the Summer's End quest and find him southwest of Varrock east bank. (Here is his shop page if interested.)

Yes, he buys for minimum GE price, and yes, minimum is the same as market for gold amulets at the moment.

So you're looking at a 395 gp loss for each cast if you buy amulets at max and astrals at market, then sell to the rogue.

Good luck with your goal.

Does anyone have the loss/cost per ammy? Not just the info per gold ammy?

Also say I need to do 1k casts.. do I buy 2k Astrals and 1k Ammys... or 2k astrals and 25k ammys? (assuming my invent consists of 25 spaces holding 25 ammys)

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Since the min=mid price the only thing you lose is the price of 2 astral per amulet. That is if you use a mud staff. So its 2k astrals for 1k ammies.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]