Waterfiend Camping.

gorgoroth

In a day or two i intend on camping at Waterfiends to get Charms for 90+ Summoning. I just have a few questions regarding this.

1.) Will using Guthans be good enough? I have Melee Void too, so i could always just use that and switch to Guthans when i need to heal. What would be best?

2.) Whats the Crimson/Gold/Blue Charm rate per hour? (I won't be using Greens anymore, they cost too much).

3.) Whats the Money rate per hour? Will the money from 84 - 90+ Summoning cover the actuall cost of getting 90+ Summoning? (ie. will i get for example 1mil money per 1k Crimsons assuming 1 Summoning level costs me 1mil? I hope i am making this clear, its kind of a difficult concept to explain).

4.) Any other advise on Camping at Waterfiends?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

In a day or two i intend on camping at Waterfiends to get Charms for 90+ Summoning. I just have a few questions regarding this.

1.) Will using Guthans be good enough? I have Melee Void too, so i could always just use that and switch to Guthans when i need to heal. What would be best?

If you want to use guthans, be prepared to wear it 80% of the time. The negative magic defence will make Waterfiends hit a lot harder. You're better off with just wearing void and use an unicorn/bunyip. Don't forget to use a sgs.

2.) Whats the Crimson/Gold/Blue Charm rate per hour? (I won't be using Greens anymore, they cost too much). What does it matter? :P

I think you'll around 80 crimsons and like 8 gold and 2 blues p/h

3.) Whats the Money rate per hour? Will the money from 84 - 90+ Summoning cover the actuall cost of getting 90+ Summoning? (ie. will i get for example 1mil money per 1k Crimsons assuming 1 Summoning level costs me 1mil? I hope i am making this clear, its kind of a difficult concept to explain). nope

4.) Any other advise on Camping at Waterfiends?grab your void, zamorakian spear and some prayer pots for piety. I find piety well worth the cost. I know you dont have that much money, but the charm rate will be a lot higher. High hits and fast kills will make it a lot less boring :thumbsup:

Comments in bold. I know you won't agree with me on some parts, but think about/try it.

Good Luck! ::'

+ Saxon is right :P

If you want to use guthans, be prepared to wear it 80% of the time. The negative magic defence will make Waterfiends hit a lot harder. You're better off with just wearing void and use an unicorn/bunyip. Don't forget to use a sgs.

2.) Whats the Crimson/Gold/Blue Charm rate per hour? (I won't be using Greens anymore, they cost too much). What does it matter? :P

I think you'll around 80 crimsons and like 8 gold and 2 blues p/h

3.) Whats the Money rate per hour? Will the money from 84 - 90+ Summoning cover the actuall cost of getting 90+ Summoning? (ie. will i get for example 1mil money per 1k Crimsons assuming 1 Summoning level costs me 1mil? I hope i am making this clear, its kind of a difficult concept to explain). nope

4.) Any other advise on Camping at Waterfiends?grab your void, zamorakian spear and some prayer pots for piety. I find piety well worth the cost. I know you dont have that much money, but the charm rate will be a lot higher. High hits and fast kills will make it a lot less boring :thumbsup:

Comments in bold. I know you won't agree with me on some parts, but think about/try it.

Good Luck! ::'

I guess will have to camp there for the first day using just Guthans untill i have made enough money to use P Pots for Piety etc. As you know i'm kinda broke and buying 80 Summoning made things even worse :/ Helpfull advice though. Good thing im getting void atm :P

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

A small tip for healing.

-Use guthans to heal on the skeleton with melee pray on.

-Bring a salve amulet (don't have to) and sgs special the skeleton (use slash not crush, easy 50s).

-Bring enhanced Excalibur.

Trip 1

265k Loot - 10 gold - 12 green - 103 crimson - 4 blue

Trip 2

330k Loot - 12 gold - 9 green - 105 crimson - 5 blue

Trip 3

285k Loot - 24 gold - 9 green - 77 crimson - 5 blue

Trip 4

342K Loot - 12 gold -10 green - 109 crimson - 1 blue

Trip 5

301k Loot - 10 gold - 9 green - 97 crimson - 6 blue

Trip6

307k Loot - 20 gold - 5 green - 108 crimson - 2 blue

Trip 7

280k Loot - 13 gold - 5 green - 102 crimson - 5 blue

Thought this would help you get a rough estimate of money/charms (I high alch almost every mithril item)

randomkcopyq.png

Guthans is only for people without a Bunyip

2.) Whats the Crimson/Gold/Blue Charm rate per hour? (I won't be using Greens anymore, they cost too much).

You barely get any golds, greens or blues. Max you can get (Unicorn in void + Piety) is 120 crimsons or so at Ancient Cavern. In the CTs, I've been told you can get 75 crims in 30 minutes, making it a rate of 150 crims per hour. This method is more expensive and more risky, but it is the better method.

3.) Whats the Money rate per hour? Will the money from 84 - 90+ Summoning cover the actuall cost of getting 90+ Summoning? (ie. will i get for example 1mil money per 1k Crimsons assuming 1 Summoning level costs me 1mil? I hope i am making this clear, its kind of a difficult concept to explain).

Expect about 100k-200k profit at Ancient Cavern, but around 100k or under at the CTs.

Should be fairly easy to calculate your second question. Just find the cost in shards and cost of second of a double, add them together and multiply that by 120 crims. If that is over 150k per hour, then you will still run a loss. If it is under 150k, you will profit or break even. (If at CTs, multiply by 150 and compare to 100k).

If you use a Titan or Unicorn to heal, you do not need to pray ranged, even in Void, as long as you bring a SGS or EE to spec with and maybe 2 pieces of back-up food. If you go to the CTs, you MUST pray ranged no matter the familiar. You must also use either an Elemental Titan, Wolpertinger, Iron/Steel titan. At the CTs, you may also want to bring 2 brews and 1 super restore for emergencies. This is generally the first 10 minutes when you can have up to 6 Waterfiends on you.

Needless to say, do NOT use Void in the CTs. Use Karils. You will be shreaded in Void, and using Karils already gets you an outstanding rate of charms.

Lastly, remember the above rates I have (120 and 150) were with at least 79 summoning, Piety, Void, and maxed melee stats (although you have that already). If you do no use Void or do not use Piety, it will be significantly lower. Your summoning level doesn't make a difference on speed if it's above 68, although after 79 you do not need to pray ranged anymore, which extends your runs considerably since your prayer drains slower.

All in all, I recommend using the CT method if you're above 79 summoning. It's the quicker method. However, Ancient Cavern is safer and more economical.

But of course, I would still like to add something:

There are two places you should consider going for faster crimsons. Rock Lobs and Scarabites.

Rock Lobs average 163 crimsons with a barrage spell, but after counting the huge amount of other charms (assuming 1 crim = 4 gold = 3 green = .3 blue) you get 220 crimsons. This comes at a large cost however, considering you do 500-550 casts of ice barrage per hour. Since you are maxed, the magic or hp xp doesn't interest you, which takes the biggest kick out of rock lobs. Still, it's something to consider.

Scarabites are tough to kill. I recommend trying this, however. It's more expensive that Waterfiends (running a loss), but not as much loss as Rock Lobs. Zarfot states you should get 90k worth of summoning xp per hour at Scarabites (if you cannon in the "dangerous" location). Compare that to the 53k of summoning xp you get at Waterfiends. You do lose money on the cannonballs. I typically get 15-20 crimsons per task, but remember each task is only like 70 scarabites and lasts about 8 minutes. You can greatly improve this time once you get gong, since banking will become a lot quicker and your cannon will already be set in the ideal location. Zarfot says his tasks last 6 minutes.

While it is the "dangerous" location, it actually isn't very dangerous. You pray range, which takes out my 70% of all damage you take. The meleers are sometimes trapped by walls/other scarabites and the mages hit slowly and inaccurately, even on melee barrows. I've never fallen below 60 hp involuntarily here, and certainly have not been close to dying. I do these with a Titan, since it's combat ability is valuable here over the Unicorn's healing (although food support is still required, which you may be able to cut down on if you do use a unicorn).

I would say try these 2 and see how you like them.

Guthans is only for people without a Bunyip

You barely get any golds, greens or blues. Max you can get (Unicorn in void + Piety) is 120 crimsons or so at Ancient Cavern. In the CTs, I've been told you can get 75 crims in 30 minutes, making it a rate of 150 crims per hour. This method is more expensive and more risky, but it is the better method.

Expect about 100k-200k profit at Ancient Cavern, but around 100k or under at the CTs.

Should be fairly easy to calculate your second question. Just find the cost in shards and cost of second of a double, add them together and multiply that by 120 crims. If that is over 150k per hour, then you will still run a loss. If it is under 150k, you will profit or break even. (If at CTs, multiply by 150 and compare to 100k).

If you use a Titan or Unicorn to heal, you do not need to pray ranged, even in Void, as long as you bring a SGS or EE to spec with and maybe 2 pieces of back-up food. If you go to the CTs, you MUST pray ranged no matter the familiar. You must also use either an Elemental Titan, Wolpertinger, Iron/Steel titan. At the CTs, you may also want to bring 2 brews and 1 super restore for emergencies. This is generally the first 10 minutes when you can have up to 6 Waterfiends on you.

Needless to say, do NOT use Void in the CTs. Use Karils. You will be shreaded in Void, and using Karils already gets you an outstanding rate of charms.

Lastly, remember the above rates I have (120 and 150) were with at least 79 summoning, Piety, Void, and maxed melee stats (although you have that already). If you do no use Void or do not use Piety, it will be significantly lower. Your summoning level doesn't make a difference on speed if it's above 68, although after 79 you do not need to pray ranged anymore, which extends your runs considerably since your prayer drains slower.

All in all, I recommend using the CT method if you're above 79 summoning. It's the quicker method. However, Ancient Cavern is safer and more economical.

But of course, I would still like to add something:

There are two places you should consider going for faster crimsons. Rock Lobs and Scarabites.

Rock Lobs average 163 crimsons with a barrage spell, but after counting the huge amount of other charms (assuming 1 crim = 4 gold = 3 green = .3 blue) you get 220 crimsons. This comes at a large cost however, considering you do 500-550 casts of ice barrage per hour. Since you are maxed, the magic or hp xp doesn't interest you, which takes the biggest kick out of rock lobs. Still, it's something to consider.

Scarabites are tough to kill. I recommend trying this, however. It's more expensive that Waterfiends (running a loss), but not as much loss as Rock Lobs. Zarfot states you should get 90k worth of summoning xp per hour at Scarabites (if you cannon in the "dangerous" location). Compare that to the 53k of summoning xp you get at Waterfiends. You do lose money on the cannonballs. I typically get 15-20 crimsons per task, but remember each task is only like 70 scarabites and lasts about 8 minutes. You can greatly improve this time once you get gong, since banking will become a lot quicker and your cannon will already be set in the ideal location. Zarfot says his tasks last 6 minutes.

While it is the "dangerous" location, it actually isn't very dangerous. You pray range, which takes out my 70% of all damage you take. The meleers are sometimes trapped by walls/other scarabites and the mages hit slowly and inaccurately, even on melee barrows. I've never fallen below 60 hp involuntarily here, and certainly have not been close to dying. I do these with a Titan, since it's combat ability is valuable here over the Unicorn's healing (although food support is still required, which you may be able to cut down on if you do use a unicorn).

I would say try these 2 and see how you like them.

Well, Rock Lobsters are out of my price range as i'm well... broke. The reason for using guhtnas is beacuase i know the chances of falling below 50hp are very low. I will however take my EE with me just incase. Another reason for using guthans is because this will cut down cost ALOT. Its probably the cheapest method of camoing there and since im short on money i would rather take the optuon of 10 less crimsons an hour than having to pay 100k more an hour.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Why would you need to pay 100k more an hour at Waterfiends if you didn't use Guthans?

Bunyip replaces Guthans, and it costs like 2k per pouch.

Why would you need to pay 100k more an hour at Waterfiends if you didn't use Guthans?

Bunyip replaces Guthans, and it costs like 2k per pouch.

Well i would still have to pray now and then. Sure maybe its not close to 100k anhour. Maybe more like 25k an hour, but every penny counts for me at this moment. I might keep it in mind though, just to use a Bunyip.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Are you not praying range while in Guthans? Or am I missing something.

Once you get enough "cushion" cash though, you should really look into using more expensive methods such as Scarabites.

WFS with 79 summ in ct is around 120 crims 10 gold 8 green 3 blue an hour.

In ancient cavern its around 105 (this is with 10% str, the most ecnomical and efficient boost prayer).

Guthan's is a waste with a decent summoning and you should not use it.

Where did this bs about greens being expensive come from. They are around the same gp/xp as swamp titan.

Well since guthans is a silly idea...and you have maxed combat...and you are poor...

Karils.

No Prayer.

There are a few guides in AoW that tell you how to do it, but they are hard to find.

Basically, you wear the prayer set up, but don't use prayer. You bring a bunyip, and the raw fish drops will keep you alive.

I know you can't see my setup, but it's the only picture i could find. I have an SGS, but an Enchanted Excalibur works just as good.

This is at the end of my trip, when my bunyips ran out.

090525230528.png

Stellactic.gif

Just a note to the above picture, the WFS spot on the opposite shore is actually better, although you need to go a little north of SW corner of it for the best results.

Don't quote me on this, but I heard that cannoning walliski's gives about 60 blue charms per hour and about breaks even. Which considering 1 blue is worth about 2 crimson exp wise they would (if the rumours are true) be better.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Don't quote me on this, but I heard that cannoning walliski's gives about 60 blue charms per hour and about breaks even. Which considering 1 blue is worth about 2 crimson exp wise they would (if the rumours are true) be better.

This catches my attention greatly. I think i'm going to try this out soon as my funds alow me too.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Don't wear either. Take karil's and pray range (unless ur high defence). Take an sgs/ags/zammy spear and a unicorn/bunyip. If you take guthan's you'll be getting hit more than you're healing cos of the waterfiends wrecking ur mage defence and void melee is the same.

Not sure per hour, but in 190ish (slayer task) fiends I can get around 140 to 165 crimsons, depends how lucky I get.

Unlikely, the only things it drops worth cash are ranarrs, rune meds, snape grass and water orbs, and they're not too common; and if you're intending to camp there - you'll need all the invo space u can get so u won't end up picking up much.

Find a good guide about how to do it, they're not hard if you know what you're doing and keep adjusting what you take in ur invo til you find your favourite set up.

Good luck

~Cracky

Hmmm, alrite then. Not sure I rly care, but that's ok. No flaming here, I'll make sure I'm rly active on these forums...

@robbbb

His stats are in his sig.

Void is better the karils as 10% attack/strength is greater then the small magic defense bonus (void has a very good magic defense).

On the drop front mith arrows, some mith items (alch them) and noted ores/gems all add up pretty quickly. There are an ok profit, its just most people don't bother picking them up.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]