New question! 99 Ranged Calculations

Expl0de

Would it be beneficial for me to spend ~6m and get 70 prayer before doing chins?

[hide=Old]I tried my hand at some math; I'd appreciate any help here :P

For 99 ranged using (grey) chinchompas:

At lvl 75 for all 75 > 70, one can get up to 260(75/99)^1.1 xp/red chin, and 340K(75/99)^1.1 xp/hr, divided by 3/4 for grey chins.

Results:

142 xp/chin

187,892 xp/hour

63 hours' time spent training

Cost to 99 from 75:

2.8 gp/xp, or 34 million, not including prayer potions.

1. Is this worth it? I'd have about 9m left over afterwards

2. Is my math right?

3. What could I use 99 ranged for to get my money back? GWD?

Thanks![/hide]

guideicon.png

1. No, don't start using chinchompas till you're at least in the 85 ranged ballpark. It's an utter waste of money if you use them too early, as you won't 'maximize' experience too well.

2. I can't understand your calculations, could you maybe re-write or rephrase it?

3. Armadyl GWD will make most, if not all the money you'll spend on range. Don't forget to put some money aside for an appropriate setup and a large number of runs.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Well, in the calculations, "n" was replaced with 75 to complete the equation.

At lvl n for all n > 70, one can get up to 260(n/99)^1.1 xp/red chin, and 340K(n/99)^1.1 xp/hr, divided by 3/4 for grey chins.

So, for any level greater than 70, the max xp is 260 per chin, at level 99. To find that at any given level, insert your level for n. You divide n by 99, then do that to the power of 1.1, and then multiply by 260 to find xp per red chin. For greys, you divide that number by 3/4. I found this formula in the AOW guide found here.

I don't know that I would have enough for GWD, maybe I'll get to 90, do aviansies, and then GWD?

It'd cost me ~13.6m to get to 90 Ranged with Grey Chins. Getting to 90 Ranged and then doing aviansies is the better option for me, since I'll get faster kills at 90 than lower levels, plus I already have the money I need for it.

guideicon.png

Well, in the calculations, "n" was replaced with 75 to complete the equation.

At lvl n for all n > 70, one can get up to 260(n/99)^1.1 xp/red chin, and 340K(n/99)^1.1 xp/hr, divided by 3/4 for grey chins.

So, for any level greater than 70, the max xp is 260 per chin, at level 99. To find that at any given level, insert your level for n. You divide n by 99, then do that to the power of 1.1, and then multiply by 260 to find xp per red chin. For greys, you divide that number by 3/4. I found this formula in the AOW guide found here.

I don't know that I would have enough for GWD, maybe I'll get to 90, do aviansies, and then GWD?

Well I'm actually a math freak, it's just the bolded part that confused me. Thanks for the clarification. ::'

All in all whatever setup you choose and whatever inventory you bring, it would be wise to keep around an extra stack maybe 8-10m for either buying or makiing your potions, and maybe in the worst case scenario, replace lost items. You'll find it almost necessary to use saradomin brews and super restores, and don't forget these two items along with the ingredients for it are highly targeted by merchanting clans.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

1. Getting 99 range IMHO is worth it, but you should wait till at least 85 Range before you start chinning.

2. While your math is right those are the maximum's you get while training. Chances are not every chin you throw will get you 142 xp. And while you get higher range levels your xp/hr and xp/chin will increase also, lessening the time it will take getting 99.

3. Armadyl/Sara GWD is your best bet to get your money back.

bloodfin711.png

1. Getting 99 range IMHO is worth it, but you should wait till at least 85 Range before you start chinning. I just can't stand Yaks anymore; it's either this or a cannon.

2. While your math is right those are the maximum's you get while training. Chances are not every chin you throw will get you 142 xp. And while you get higher range levels your xp/hr and xp/chin will increase also, lessening the time it will take getting 99. True, but I also averaged the highest xp I can get at 90 with the highest I can get at 75 to get my 13.6m result. Also, I plan on spending 15m on chins anyway; I don't normally get max xp. :P

3. Armadyl/Sara GWD is your best bet to get your money back. Thanks, will do.

^Answered

Thank you very much for your advice. :)

guideicon.png

I would agree to use Chins after 80 or so ranged.

Until you get there, here are two fantastic options for you:

-cannon ice trolls, you will profit and therefore allow you to compensate a portion of your losses

-cannon scarabites in the "dangerous" location. You will ROUGHLY break even or lose a little bit (no where near chins though) and will get more crimsons than Waterfiends and potentially more than Rock lobsters. Use these crims to train summoning up so you can use a ranged familiar while you chin, if applicable. They can add up to 20k extra xp per hour.

Those are fantastic! I've been meaning to train summoning lately.

EDIT: I'm not much of a quester, but I know they are from Ictharin's Little Helper/Dealing with Scabaras, right? I can't find Scarabite in the tip.it bestiary, but I could find scarabs that don't have any drops.

guideicon.png

Those are fantastic! I've been meaning to train summoning lately.

EDIT: I'm not much of a quester, but I know they are from Ictharin's Little Helper/Dealing with Scabaras, right? I can't find Scarabite in the tip.it bestiary, but I could find scarabs that don't have any drops.

They aren't named "Scarabite", I believe they are "Scarab Lancers" or "Locust Riders". Something to that effect. If you search "Locust" or "Rider" I'm sure you'll find it, you will be killing the Mounted ones with an occasional mage.

You need to start Contact to access them, but I STRONGLY RECOMMEND finishing Contact if you haven't already. You can't last too long down there without food, so you need to reload food while you keep your cannon spinning. Completing Contact opens a bank near the ladder to the dungeon.

Look at Zarfot's guide for the step-by-step guide to how to arrive there.

Wear melee barrows armor. If you have Void, don't use it. You need defense. Bring a DFS if you have one, or a Blessed Spirit Shield. I used a rune defender and I was fine, but the more defense the better. Other than that, just wear the standard melee gear.

Bring 1 super set, about 6-8 ppots, a healing familiar (Titan really shines, but bunyip will do. Personally, I would use a BoB until it runs out of stored food, then I would use a healer) and an EE/SGS to spec with (rest is food, don't forget a tele, light source, and tinderbox). When you are down there, PRAY RANGED. Many people incorrectly pray mage. The mages are noob and will barely hit you at all. They are inaccurate and slow.

Chins are never worth it. Kill aviansies. 89-99 made me 65m, and adamant bars were 380 gp less. By the time you're done you'll be able to buy max armadyl gear with a DFS and have lots left over.

But how much xp/hour are aviansies? Like 40k with about 300k profit?

Red chins would be 340k per hour at 1m loss. So that's a 300k xp difference for 1.3m. 1 hour of red chins would then equal 8.5 hours of aviansies.

So that's a 3.5m difference for 7.5 hours. If you can make over 500k per hour, Aviansies are worse than chins. Of course, these are with red chins. If you calculated for grey chins, it'd be something like 300k per hour.

Double post 3 hours apart? :lol:

You should be fine, although I would still advise you to chin the entire way. The speed is worth it.

I think I'll cannon to 80, chin to 90, then make costs back by doing Aviansies to 99. Sound good?

Thats an intellectual idea, but would you really want to face going from 280k+xp an hour to around 40k?

I'd just Chin to 99 then make up the money other ways.

you would get more exp/chin at 90 range then 80 so makes sense to do avs till 90 instead of chinning

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

you would get more exp/chin at 90 range then 80 so makes sense to do avs till 90 instead of chinning

Actually, that's not necessarily the case. While Chinning is less efficient at 80 than 90, that doesn't make Avians the better option. Chins most likely are still more efficient.

For your new question, I would say yes and no for two different reasons.

70 is extremely useful. It allows you to find boss monster teams a lot more easily and allows you to use piety. Since you will most likely want these two benefits sometime in the future, the best time to get it is now so you can benefit from 70 pray asap.

However, those 10 prayer points don't make a huge difference for chinning.

If I were you, I would get it. However, if I couldn't, I wouldn't worry since it's not such a big deal.

id personnaly chin the whole way, that was in reguards to his other plan of chinning 80-90 then doing avs after, which seemed backwards to me

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

I aviansied to 91 from 80, and am currently using that money to chin. Perhaps you can do the same thing? I mean, I have 15m left over.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif