Future Prices of Runes

Unb34t4bl3

Does anyone have any speculation as to what the future prices of runes will be, now that unlimited stock has been removed? As of today death runes can only really be bought at max (356gp) and other runes are also difficult to buy.

If I had to take a guess on the prices in the long term, I'd go with...

Fires: 10-12ea

Airs: 16-18ea

Earth: 25-27ea

Water: 27-30ea

Chaos: No idea

Cosmic: 220-230ea

Nature: 250-270ea

Death: 350-400ea

Blood: 500-600ea

Soul: 600-700ea

Astral: No idea

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

Fire runes are junk? :shock:

I thought the reason they were so cheap was because of the unlimited stock selling them at 9ea before? And now shops sell them at 17ea? And that's just the initial price too, so the source of fires will have to be from rune crafters.

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

Fire runes are junk? :shock:

I thought the reason they were so cheap was because of the unlimited stock selling them at 9ea before? And now shops sell them at 17ea? And that's just the initial price too, so the source of fires will have to be from rune crafters.

Or people killing fire giants/dust devils :roll:

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

I'll just throw in 2 things:

(1) I've been getting 220 each for astrals this past week

(2) I've been buying up pure essence, and will continue to hoard up as often as I can afford it

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Are you both saying that monster drops can fill in for the unlimited supply of previously? Even for a common drop like fire runes?

I don't go kill fire giants or dust devils for 6 straight hours to get a decent amount of fire runes, nor do I slay, but I'd find it very hard to believe that monster drops could fill in for the unlimited supply.

ftsig.png

Are you both saying that monster drops can fill in for the unlimited supply of previously? Even for a common drop like fire runes?

I don't go kill fire giants or dust devils for 6 straight hours to get a decent amount of fire runes, nor do I slay, but I'd find it very hard to believe that monster drops could fill in for the unlimited supply.

Fire giants are a common + ;arge task and drop them very often, also noone really needs an unlimited supply, i have 60k in my bank atm all from fire giants/dusties

vcz3sx.png

Don't forget though, fire runes previously had almost no use. Now, anybody doing combat spell (non ancient) will usually use fire based spells (wave bolt etc) previously they would use fire or lava staff, but now with the 10% bonus, people will need to buy the runes instead, which could increase the demand alot.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Don't forget though, fire runes previously had almost no use. Now, anybody doing combat spell (non ancient) will usually use fire based spells (wave bolt etc) previously they would use fire or lava staff, but now with the 10% bonus, people will need to buy the runes instead, which could increase the demand alot.

Excalent point :thumbup:

vcz3sx.png

Excalent point :thumbup:

No it's not. First - People were using Air staves (because since Fire Bolt they were cheaper in runes), second, not many of the players will even attempt to get the 10% bonus, because it adds some good gp/cast (Fire wave = 7 Fire runes, considering 1 fire rune is 10 gp, it adds 70 gp/cast for 1 or 2 bonus max damage)

Careful_Maim.png

Alright I was already completely wrong about the Earth Runes. They're already at what I said above, and will likely push above tomorrow as it's still extremely slow trying to buy for max on GE. Going to update my original post. Now seems to be the time to just load up while everything is still "cheap".

ftsig.png