Mallcore

RayOxide

Discuss.

Whats mallcore

how is one mallcore

what isnt mallcore

how is it not mallcore

where is mallcore found

Why is the stereotype Slipknot, when Trivium and modern In Flames is considered Mallcore?

If it spans that wide, why is it even a 'word'?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

It's just a word used by idiotic metalheads who like to look down on those who listen to metal bands commonly associated with Hot Topic. Trust me, I used to be one of them.

1). What is mallcore?

Basically mallcore entails pop metal (such as newer In Flames, Dead By April, Scar Symmetry), nu-metal (Slipknot and Korn in particular) and other bands such as System of a Down, Rammstein and Tool.

2.) How is one mallcore?

One is mallcore if they happen to listen to these bands and follow said trends set by stores in the mall that sell merch by these bands.

3). What isn't mallcore?

Black metal and death metal that's not pushed in the mall.

4). How is it not mallcore?

Because it's not found in your local Hot Topic.

5). Where is mallcore found?

Browse through the CD section of Hot Topic.

God, I hate elitists. People like what they like. On a more serious note, if you're bothered by people calling bands you like "mallcore" then you're probably thinking into it too much. It's a completely stupid term for all the reasons I just said above. We all have our likes and dislikes, but looking down on stuff just because it's played on the radio or more mainstream than something else is the height of idiocy. It makes me wonder if people actually appreciate music anymore or are just looking to be more "cool, edgy and underground" than their friends.

Oh, I have heard of hot topic, but this is AUSTRALIA.

And lol, I hate elitists too.

In Flames wouldnt be mallcore, its probably only popular because they were on GH3. No other reason.

They are the band that got me into In Flames themselves, At the Gates, Trivium, Bring me the horizon :?

EDIT: nono, I dont mind. It just popped up out of nowhere, I didnt know what it meant, and I was kinda confused how Trivium and In Flames are apparently played in stores now. #-o

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Mallcore, when I hear that term I always think of a bunch of 15 year olds pushing their musical tastes (the 'louder' genres) on housewomen and people that have passed the age of 50. Of course they play it live and they choose way too complicated songs that they can't play, but hey: it sounds interesting. There also a couple of incredibly ugly 'alternative' and heavily spotted teenage females in front of the band wearing Vans shoes and baggy pants. But maybe I have that view because of Avril Lavigne's Sk8er Boi!

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

:lol: Did I cause this.

Basically SilverSword summed it up.

:( I'm not idiotic.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!