Personal Portfolio

Sam

I don't really like how all the pictures are perfectly square and all together like that. It just doesn't look very good.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I don't really like how all the pictures are perfectly square and all together like that. It just doesn't look very good.

Ok, any suggestions on what to do instead?

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Ok, any suggestions on what to do instead?

Well I think it would look better if they had rounded corners and maybe a little bit of spacing in between.

Maybe thats just me though.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I've seen image presentations like this on many portfolio sites and it tends to work well, so I wouldnt change that.

The thing is, at first I see your work at the right, which is nice to look at.

Then I see all this text which results in a dilemma: Will I read the introduction or should I keep looking at the images?

My eyes go left, right, and it keeps on going like that, I think you should try to separate both.

A simple horizontal navigation with just the basic items in it will suffice. (Home - About (< Contains text which is currently at the left) - Contact)

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

I've seen image presentations like this on many portfolio sites and it tends to work well, so I wouldnt change that.

The thing is, at first I see your work at the right, which is nice to look at.

Then I see all this text which results in a dilemma: Will I read the introduction or should I keep looking at the images?

My eyes go left, right, and it keeps on going like that, I think you should try to separate both.

A simple horizontal navigation with just the basic items in it will suffice. (Home - About (< Contains text which is currently at the left) - Contact)

Thanks Jelle, I'll take your suggestions into consideration :P

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I quite like it, although there are a few things I would change:

- Maybe categorize the images; have two rows of photographs and then some sort of divider (or just some space between the last row of photograph and the next one).

- Have the 'Contact me' text in the same size as the 'Who?' text, and get rid of the : at the end of it. Not a major thing obviously, but I just think it would make the text area look more balanced in terms of focal points.

- Something about the background colour is bothering me, I don't really like that shade of grey. Maybe use a slightly darker grey for the background, but then I'd make the text colour slightly darker too to avoid hurting some people's eyes. :P

I do like the fact that everything is on one page, when visiting someone's portfolio I don't really like having to go through multiple pages, I think this is a good way to present the image thumbnails as well as the information about yourself.

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART