Dragon Pick worth it?

Vulxai

From what my friends have told me, Concentrated gold is very random in nature, meaning you could get 40k exp per hour one day and 60k exp per hour the next. So you would probably need hundreds of hours to conclusively state that the type of pickaxe doesn't matter. But common sense makes you expect that D pick > Rune pick, so if a Rune Pick = D pick then a Bronze pick would = a rune pick.

Leman.png

From what my friends have told me, Concentrated gold is very random in nature, meaning you could get 40k exp per hour one day and 60k exp per hour the next. So you would probably need hundreds of hours to conclusively state that the type of pickaxe doesn't matter. But common sense makes you expect that D pick > Rune pick, so if a Rune Pick = D pick then a Bronze pick would = a rune pick.

The speed variation is due to when the rocks collapse, and whether you're on a co-operative world where everyone is mining the same rock (to eliminate waiting for respawns). The variation is not from how fast you actually mine the ore.

A bronze pick is *not* faster than a dragon pick, over any amount of time.

That's like saying a bronze dagger is a better pk weapon than an ags - because you hit a 5 with it once, while you hit a 0 with the ags.

I can't provide proof that the D pick is not faster on concentrated gold. It was a Did You Know, researched by a few of my clan members (atom_smash40, ts_stormrage, and a couple of others - didn't take that much notice at the time).

Keep in mind that while there are advantages of this being a liquid item, the price is bound to fluctuate and eventually drop to something more reasonable. Thus you will likely incur some cost of ownership.

Hey!

I have 71 in mining atm and my goal is 85 and i am mining iron ores in yanille AND banking it, i can mine the iron ore quite fast and if i mine coal its quite slow (using rune pick). So i wounder will it be much faster if i mine the coal with a D-pick and get more xp/h than iron ores with rune pick?

I will bank all ores, and i have all the money for a D-pick, and it will also take a long time to get 85 so i will earn the losses if the D-pick falls down in prices.

meeizter.png

I call myself a miner, I am lvl 95 and not to too far, from lvl 96. I am going for cape.

I mine to both- gain xp, and for the cash benefit. (cash benefit is amazing)

I do not mine, in the fastest xp potential manner, but maximizing the xp/ profit ratio. (in my opinion)

That being said; YES. The d ax is worth it.

However, like when I first bought the dragon hatchet, for the money I had paid, I assumed it would be: like a Hot knife, going through butter! Very disappointing! Having known that, I still invested (and use the word"invest") in the dragon pickaxe! I use it, I make money/gain faster xp. I can always sell it. Anytime, and still had the benefit, of using it.

baybasemb.png

• 3 weeks later...