Slayer

Lacoste

So, i am training slayer now, and would like any suggestions as to how to go about quickly getting the slayer helm... and if anyone could give me any approximations on how far i could get in slayer starting at 65 for about 6 months, playing casually around 1-2 hours a day. Also any quests that will make my everyday slayering helpful or any other helps, i am planning on getting a cannon, and using super sets and using monkfish as my primary healing until i get enough charms till 68.

any help will be appreciated,

To get the helm quickly do tasks 1-9 at Mazchna (Canafis master) then every 10th go to Duradel for the bonus points. If you want you can just do duradel tasks and get the most out of you tasks.

I say you could get close to 80. Maybe a little short of it.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

This is the best advice I can give you from the mistakes that I have made thus far and what has worked out for me.

1) Use Duradel, you will get the best experience here.

2) Get your blocks in place before getting the Slayer helm. I found this out the hard way.

3) The cannon is very useful, but you do lose money. I would recommend you spend the money now as from what I have heard you will make that money back at higher levels.

4) Get a Saradomin Godsword, but do not spend your entire bank on it. It is extremely useful but if you feel it is completely out of your reach, you can try the Enhanced Excallibur instead.

Good luck slaying, I just recently discovered the wonders of the skill and I absolutely love it. Up until now I had hated the skill because I had no blocks in place and all the steel dragon and iron dragons tasks drove me mad.

I always have over 20mil backup cash and close to L81 slayer now, I still don't use cannon.

I think cannon is usefull if you up smith making cballs but buying the cannon balls is just silly imo.

Save your cash for XP you have no choice but to buy (like prayer, summon & construction)

Even a godsword isn't needed if you ask me. I've finished 78 assignments in a row now, the last 5 weeks and I still prefer whip/r defender over anything else...

Good luck: and yes, blocking your assignments is definately prior over the helm...

SOJ

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)