Minimum Combat level to get Quest Cape

Plagious

I am currently attempting to get my quest cape. When I started this journey, my goal was to get it by the time I hit 90 combat level. Well I am a level 90 and I only have 270 of 291 quest points. With the addition of summoning and the added new quests I no longer believe this is realistic. Although there is only one quest that requires a minimum combat level of 85, base off the other requirements your combat level will have to be higher than this.75 Rang, 75 Mag and I already have the min. attack, strength, defense levels, prayer, summoning levels, are all needed for the quest cape. This alone will force me to be a higher combat level. So my question is what is the minimum combat level I have to be in order to complete all the quests?

Not to mention I am having trouble beating the bosses on this higher level quests. Even with super sets I feel as if I need higher combat skill to kill them. With that in mind what would my minimum combat level have to be? Or what would be respectable? With the current list of quests, what is the lowest level person with a quest cape? I am not going for a record but would like to get it as low as I can.

My combat stats

HitPoints: 69

Attack:66

Strength:70

Defense:66

Range: 63

Magic: 70

Prayer: 56

Summoning: 43

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Quest_cape

^ should help.

Of course I think it misses out some exp rewards from those figures.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Which bosses are you talking about?

Most of them have or had tricks where you could dramatically reduce the damage (safespots). Don't forget the the low levels with the quest cape will have a friend on lunar where possible, use rings of recoil and spend a lot of combat heavy parts of the quests.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I'm going to say that it is possible at 85 with a lot of careful planning.

I totally disagree. Yes you can be a very powerful mage or ranger at that level however, different bosses require unique ways to kill them. Look at the different skills needed for Recipe For Disaster. Actually forget that statement. Just by doing the quest themselves will force you to go beyond 85 from the rewards and skills you acquire doing the quest. Careful planning or not you still need a wide range of combat related skills.

As far as what bosses were hard?

The Barrelchest (170) was one hard guy to beat. (Not the hardest but unique) Prayer is useless here. Even at level 70 mage was useless. I use all sharks as food, all super sets and still it was tough to beat at CL 89. I failed several times at level 85. Perhaps if someone was there giving an endless supply of food but even then there are too many quest that require you to do it alone. 90 may be makeable. I haven't seen anyone below combat level 96 with a quest cape since they added all the new quests. I am not saying there isn't, I just haven't seen any. Just about everyone is above 100.