Ivy vs. Teaks (With Adze)

pikachu54673

Hey everyone, quick question. I'm headed towards both 99 Firemaking and 99 Woodcutting, but I'm stuck on weather I should be cutting ivy for speed or teaks with mousekeys for the extra firemaking xp. Any suggestions?

seetons.png

Feel free to HYT me in-game =)

~~3,483rd to 99 Thieving, Feb 22, 2008~~

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin (& Hobbes)

Teaks wouldn't be worth it unless you employ advanced dropping techniques. If you don't, then the WC speed isn't high enough to justify it.

Teaks with adv. dropping would be roughly equal to ivy in WC xp, but without it would be 20k or so less xp/hr.

Teaks would make woodcutting overbearingly slow compared to Ivy in my view. I tend to use Ivy myself except for when I wish to make some money quickly. I'd stick to Ivy for speed to be honest. :) Focus on one 99 to make it easier.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I would say Ivy's as they are probably the best xp in the game, don't know about the sawmill

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

If you are going for both fm and wc your best bet is probably just to do them separately while cutting ivy and fm maples. A good way to determine which to do too is to do ivy while you do hw or just want to not pay attention, then fm when you can pay 100% attention.

Y_Z.png

I would say Ivy's as they are probably the best xp in the game, don't know about the sawmill

saw mill is good exp but lots of concentrating so I would go with ivy for 99.

If you think sawmill is a lot of concentrating then you've been spoiled by ivy.

Teaks would be better with the adze. First, you get more nests = more money. Second, you get firemaking xp = save time and money. Third, you get special logs = even more money. And the xp rates are pretty similar from what I'm told.

Teaks wouldn't be worth it unless you employ advanced dropping techniques. If you don't, then the WC speed isn't high enough to justify it.

Teaks with adv. dropping would be roughly equal to ivy in WC xp, but without it would be 20k or so less xp/hr.

What would be these said "advanced cutting techniques". Mousekeys and such?

Mousekeys, and dropping every log as you get it so that you utilize the log gathering cooldown.

Basically, what was said above, yeah.

But not so much Mousekeys, they'd probably slow you down somewhat if you were dropping after every log.

Teaks and Ivy's will pretty much be the same XP in the long run and via personal experience in Cutting/Dropping, it really isn't as slow as people make it out to be. Once you get into a Rhythm it isn't all that bad. The XP would not be exactly the same though. Maybe a few K short, but i think Nests are more abundant in Tree's.. I seemed to get a fair few. :blink:

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

Parcel banking teaks doesnt take much longer than 'advanced dropping techniques'. Which is what complete nerds use because they think one day theyre going to be #1 in runescape.

It's almost half the speed.

Teaks CAN get over 80k+ wc xp/hour, but if you parcel you'll get like 50k.