Please help me plan 80 to 99 farming.

abbydog95

Well i want 99 farming and i would do yews/mages and palms, with a few calquats in there while doing herb runs regualerly..... well i need someone who is good at planning out the trees/palms/calquats with a few deaths thrown in there. If you can do this you are i am in debt to you. Please help. :mrgreen:

Also i am 23k from 81 farming

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

Are you paying for trees or not?

No, but should I?

Always, so you're always guaranteed that expensive xp

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

No, but should I?

Not exactly. There's an explanation in the AoW guide by Zaaps, but I'll outline what to keep in mind.

1) Only 1 in 10 trees dies unattended.

2) The cost to watch a tree is part of the cost of the xp.

3) Doing the math, therefore, if the cost of the supplies to watch the tree is 10% of the seed price or higher, it's not worth it.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Not exactly. There's an explanation in the AoW guide by Zaaps, but I'll outline what to keep in mind.

3) Doing the math, therefore, if the cost of the supplies to watch the tree is 10% of the seed price or higher, it's not worth it.

That's almost right, but then you also are delaying your xp. It's worth paying for palms though, since the cost of the papayas is offset by coconuts.

Anyway, let's assume:

2 herb runs a day (snapdragons + marigolds)

1 bush run a day (poison ivy with wolpertinger)

2 cactus a day (with giant ent)

5 fruit trees a day (palm with giant ent)

5 maples a day

1 calquat a day

XP:

15 supercompst (390)

10 plant snapdragon (875)

70 pick snapdragon (6,895)

8 plant marigold (68)

7.2 pick marigold (338)

4 plant poison ivy (480)

4 check health poison ivy (2,696)

32 pick poison ivy (1,440)

6 pick cactus (150)

5 plant palm (552)

5 check health palm (50,750)

30 pick palm (1,245)

5 plant maple (225)

5 check health maple (17,015)

1 plant calquat (129)

1 check health calquat (12,096)

6 pick calquat (291)

Total XP: 85,635 daily

Costs:

837,000 from snapdragons

584 from marigolds

2,444 from poison ivy seeds

465,500 from palms

164,500 from maples

45,600 from calquats

312 from air runes

40 from water rune

29 from earth rune

30 from fire runes

4,030 from law runes

30,705 from papayas

7,080 from orange baskets

12,584 from poison ivy berries

1,244 from 5 duel ring teles

3,517 from wolpertinger pouch

4,300 from giant ents

1,000 to pay farmer to chop maples

Total Cost: 1,580,499

Payouts:

70 snapdragon herbs (1,288,000)

7.2 marigolds (30,844)

32 poison ivy berries (50,366)

9 cactus spines (47,754)

6 calquat fruit (462)

45 coconuts (109,125)

Total Payout: 1,526,551

Net Cost: 53,948 gp daily

--

XP left: 11,048,363

Days left: 129

Net Cost: 6,959,292

No, but should I?

You are guaranteed the xp though. That is worth it for me.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

No, but should I?

You are guaranteed the xp though. That is worth it for me.

11% faster xp for usually 30% more cost, it really isn't worth it. For stuff like maples it's also easier not to pay the farmer, as the payment is pretty hard to buy.

What bladewing did was good, I'd advise you try to do as many herb runs as possible though, they're always worth doing (like 2m/hour profit) and give farming xp (you want that, right? :P) on the side too!

2dvjurb.png

11% faster xp for usually 30% more cost, it really isn't worth it. For stuff like maples it's also easier not to pay the farmer, as the payment is pretty hard to buy.

What bladewing did was good, I'd advise you try to do as many herb runs as possible though, they're always worth doing (like 2m/hour profit) and give farming xp (you want that, right? :P) on the side too!

The thing is that you are limited by one fruit tree run daily. For most other skills, 30% more cost for 11% faster isn't worth it because you can just spend 11% more time. You have to take limiting factors into consideration. All things said, it's a very personal decision, and I can't be bothered to do the calculations to see if it's really worth it.

Anyway, herb runs are always worth doing. I just suggested 2 daily because most people play at least 90 minutes. I would also recommend doing bush runs and cactus picking whenever you can.

The thing is that you are limited by one fruit tree run daily. For most other skills, 30% more cost for 11% faster isn't worth it because you can just spend 11% more time. You have to take limiting factors into consideration. All things said, it's a very personal decision, and I can't be bothered to do the calculations to see if it's really worth it.

Anyway, herb runs are always worth doing. I just suggested 2 daily because most people play at least 90 minutes. I would also recommend doing bush runs and cactus picking whenever you can.

Tree runs take about 5 minutes, so for yews that is 425k xp/hour if you pay at a cost of 12*(405k + 265k), and 383k xp/hour if you don't pay at a cost of 12*405k. So basically you save 6.6 minutes by spending 12*265 = 3180k more, and to make up for the xp lost you'll have to plant another 6.7 seeds, ~530k in this case. You pay 2650k more, not worth paying for yews if you don't make over 23.9m/hour. Really not worth it unless you dislike farming or something, you only spend extra days if you don't pay, not extra time. During those extra days you can do more herb runs that get you more xp too, so that would save you even more money. I hope I did that calculation right (I edited this, now it's right) :P

Those 6.7 minutes should be the same for every kind of tree. So if you make 800k/hour (pretty average figure for most people), ((60*cost of payment)-(6.67*cost of tree))/(6.7/60) has to be lower than 800.

I think that's actually right for every kind of tree.

For example maples, that would be (60*1410)-(6.7*33000)/(6.7/60) = -1.2m, it is negative as you would expect since the cost of a basket of oranges is less than 10% of the seed cost.

2dvjurb.png

I dont not want to do bush runs or do maples, i would prefer to do yews. but thanks for planning it out, also should i do snaps or toadflax? Been doing toadflax.

vcz3sx.png

I dont not want to do bush runs or do maples, i would prefer to do yews. but thanks for planning it out, also should i do snaps or toadflax? Been doing toadflax.

I'd do snaps, they're the best profit most of the times or sometimes 2nd when another herb peaks. Toadflax used to be better, but they've crashed now so snaps are the best again. If you'd prefer to plant some cheap seeds, avantoe is very good at the moment.

2dvjurb.png

I agree with almost everything said above. A few notes:

-Payment for Maples aren't THAT hard to buy, just don't expect it to instantly buy. Leave in an offer for 1k and in ~3 days you'll have them all bought.

-STATISTICALLY speaking, the payment should not exceed 10% of the seed's cost. However, you must take into account the fact that xp is guaranteed if you pay. So generally speaking, you should pay for all trees bar yews and willows. Calquats violate the rule above, but since it offers such a great amount of xp for a cost that isn't THAT much more than 10%, it's worth it.

-Farm bushes, that's poison ivy for you.

-I know some people like to farm allotments. I personally never saw the point, but I would recommend strawberries over watermelons if you do.

If you need further help, take a look at my farming guide, link is in my sig.

Zaaps1-

I have looked at your guide many times. It is very useful and will continue to check it out but now i just need some to plan the trees/calquats while using the yews or mages. I also have started with snaps.

vcz3sx.png

Still could use someone to be so kind as to help me plan this goal. as im dumb with planning...

Take what I wrote and do everything there, except with yews. Do 100 days, then see how much more you need.

Alright will do, thanks :thumbup:

vcz3sx.png