Would this shut the beggars up?

AThousandLies

What if there was some kind of well, tree or other object in somewhere like Lumbridge or Varrock (but not in a crowded place) which items would spawn from?

For those of you whom are familiar Neopets, this would be like the money/donations tree. Players could choose to donate their items at select locations around the world, and the items would appear at this special spawn point for junk or stuff people don't want. It could be quite useful for players who are quitting and don't know what to do with their stuff. It would also (hopefully) reduce the amount of begging that goes on in the game.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too bad it wouldn't shut noobs up because there would not always be that many items, and it is going to be a lot like a drop party when the items are things like a bronze dagger.

But it would stem the problem so thumbs up

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

the trick of shutting a noob up AND having a really good laugh AND having a chance to earn some money is letting them follow you and then walking through a spot with high lvl aggressive monsters.

i did that yesterday (noob went begging from me and following me, i walked past the lvl 20 dark wizards south of varrock)and the noob died, and right after that i saw a HUGE stack of cash lieing on his iron kite on the floor, i picked it up, and i just got 697k!!

i think he got it from a friend or summin, but why he went begging after that i dont know. anyway, noobs can be profiting too! extremely profiting in my case, because i had just spent all my money buying big bones for 43 prayer!!

Wow that is just like what happened to me yesterday i was following this person through the dark wizards under varock and i was carrying 697k, and I died as well. Wow what are the odds that that happened to both of us?

(Too be absolutely clear I was not that noob... I dont have that much...any more...or ever did...come on give m.... oh you dont believe me oh well worth a shot.)

I have a cunning plan of how to deal with noobs... It involes a gun and a noobs forehead.

I think You miss understand me. I was haveing a joke and you took to haveing an offence.

Ps if you too where haveing a joke then this is also a joke

yes, I have played neopets, and that pretty much does make the beggars in neopets be quiet....but neopets is definitely not like Runescape; still, I think that this would definitely help people....there would have to be a special place to donate your items though.....you would not want to right-click on an item and donate it (would happen to rare things like party-crackers, I have done that way too many times with valuable things in neopets >.<).

Overall: it is a good idea that really should be implimented, although it should be put in the next screen over from Lumbridge.....that way it would not slow the game down for people that have just died and respawned.

In neopets you can make loads of money easy, in runescape can u honestly see that many people throwing way stuff for free, I mean the party is hardly flooded unless there is a preset group there

ya, but many people smith stuff like bronze daggers (or sometimes even iron) and then just throw them away....perhaps there should be an option when you talk to the bank teller to donate items out of your inventory?

Back to the topic :) I usually avoid RL comparisons, but...

If a kid whines and whines that he wants to candy for dinner, what happens if you give him/her candy? Answer: they will expect cnady for dinner all the time. So, why would we make this well-thingy so that nooby players would really get FREE STOOF!? The begging would actually get worse! It's bad parenting as far as I'm concerned. Don't worry, they'll understand when they're older :)

lpinkus

Back to the topic :) I usually avoid RL comparisons, but...

If a kid whines and whines that he wants to candy for dinner, what happens if you give him/her candy? Answer: they will expect cnady for dinner all the time. So, why would we make this well-thingy so that nooby players would really get FREE STOOF!? The begging would actually get worse! It's bad parenting as far as I'm concerned. Don't worry, they'll understand when they're older :)

lpinkus

Chances are, it will keep them away from parts of the world, and limit their populace to just these specific locations where items like this spawn ... so, your real life analogy isn't exactly applicable.

Well... hmm imagien if poor people in the street came up to you and shouted 'free stuff plz' you would call the police and have them arrested you wouldn't give them five pounds and tell them to get on a bus to a near by city and go to a give away would you. If all the noobs huddled round the 'money trees' then what would happen you would get a smart person go there and get as much stuff as phisically possible and then sell it to shops. It would cause a never ceasing flood of the market place, because normally you will get something like 20000 steel plates in a shop, imagien it was 5000 bronze plates in every shop on every world, Jagex would come in make the prices rise even futher, making it even hard for people to get stuff

Well... hmm imagien if poor people in the street came up to you and shouted 'free stuff plz' you would call the police and have them arrested you wouldn't give them five pounds and tell them to get on a bus to a near by city and go to a give away would you. If all the noobs huddled round the 'money trees' then what would happen you would get a smart person go there and get as much stuff as phisically possible and then sell it to shops. It would cause a never ceasing flood of the market place, because normally you will get something like 20000 steel plates in a shop, imagien it was 5000 bronze plates in every shop on every world, Jagex would come in make the prices rise even futher, making it even hard for people to get stuff

I fail to see how real life examples are sufficient backing for an argument related to an online video game, especially in this case.

At a place like this, it's unlikely for someone to get every drop. Chances are, if this was impemented, there'd be lots and lots of people surrounding these areas -- not just one person with a huge collection of bronze plates.

Not only that, but I don't really understand what you're trying to prove or suggest with your example of bronze plates ...

how about a donation machine in lumbrige for newbs?

like you smith iron and put it in there, and of course you cant get continuosly the items, like a time limit or level limit? or a item limit. altrough its tricky stuff to make, if it owuld exsist i could always trow in a self made 2h or something(i love 2h's)

Known in-game as Mister evil9(lvl 93)(P2P).

Modding gta2(making maps, scripts,editing it).

On world 54 mostly.

Made a nice GTA2 site!

A little in-active...