Who would like to see Runescape on a different Platform?

mlopes70

I had a crazy thought while coming back from London yesterday. What if Runescape was made on the PS3 and/or the Xbox 360? Mental idea.. yes!! :twisted: Oh well. Anyway the graphics, the sound all will be the best it could be.. also the online side of the two consoles. I understand the econmy and other stuff would start from the start again blah blah blah but again oh well.

Who would like to see Runescape on the PS3 and/or Xbox 360. Or at least to see the graphics on it?

mlopesizcusheisPS-1.png

Where Java can be found, Runescape will follow. If consoles (or even cellphones and personal organizers) ever become sophisticated enough to allow full featured web browsing, with Java plug-ins, then Runescape will be available. That really is the whole point of cross-platform languages like Java, in the first place.

basic answer whats the point, it will be much harder to talk to other people, with all the diffrent platforms it will be much harder to get stable connections, jagex will have run out of good ideas

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

basic answer whats the point, it will be much harder to talk to other people, with all the diffrent platforms it will be much harder to get stable connections, jagex will have run out of good ideas

Market share. Revenue from subscriptions and advertising. Jagex doesn't care how you connect; it's good for them if you can. Anywhere you find Java, you will find Runescape, for that reason. It was designed that way, from the ground up.

runescape only works on java, so let it be on java, much easyer, unless you could make the software ect ect ect ect ect ect..... to create runescape in this way.

Known in-game as Mister evil9(lvl 93)(P2P).

Modding gta2(making maps, scripts,editing it).

On world 54 mostly.

Made a nice GTA2 site!

A little in-active...

I had thought about this many months ago, but like with playstation and xbox, they charge their own fees for their online gaming (I think... please dont flame me badly). RS is $5 minimum a month, meaning a minimum of $60 a year. A full year of say xbox live, which includes any game, would cost $50 a year. Wouldn't they be losing money? And if somebody paid $50 a month to play runescape on their xbox, I doubt all $50 would go to Jagex. Jagex would probably get a small fraction of the money, as would all of the other... *insert word here*'s would.

I could be completely wrong about everything I said, but... Whatever.

If the $50 a year that Xbox charges, allows users to bypass an ISP, in order to obtain online content, then it could prove interesting.

But I am really uninformed in this as well. So please do you own research before taking the above comments at face value.

I wouldnt mind buying it for 40$ with the full game and no members charges....

I dont think thatd work... The reason many people play rs is because it is free. I think paying $5 a month every month is what lets jagex create weekly updates. If everyone paid in one lump sum ($40), eventually they'd run out of money.

Also, on a console, they can't make any money off advertising :?

I am not in favor of this idea because a key component of Runescape is the interaction with other players. Unless the console platforms have full keyboards, switching to them undermines this key component.

Also, the internet-browser based format is plenty sufficient for the game engine and it really doesn't need to move to another format.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.