Blink 182 Greatest Hits

bloodkilla87

how does a band like this even get a greatest hits cd when decent bands with more history dont...

Care to elaborate? Give some examples? Blink 182 has been around a good amount of time, has had a good number of albums, and TONS of singles, almost all of which were popular.

And when you say "band like this" and "decent bands with more history", all youre doing is showing your opinion. In many eyes, blink 182 is a "decent band". They also have an extensive history. Maybe you haven't looked into it.

Guest andyizcool
how does a band like this even get a greatest hits cd when decent bands with more history dont...

I would be saying that about Green Day when they release that new album with most if not all of their singles on. Since they became mainstream they got worse and emoish after the release of American Idiot.

I would be saying that about Green Day when they release that new album with most if not all of their singles on. Since they became mainstream they got worse and emoish after the release of American Idiot.

Theyve already had a greatest hits. Get with the times :D And any band who has a greatest hits album more or less has to be mainstream, or else they obviously havent had any "hits"...

Guest andyizcool

Not International Superhits since that was decent. This new one is called Bullet in a Bible and has the American Idiot singles on it live and stuff. They're becoming even more mainstream and profiting from it greatly, I hate bands who do that after being decent. As for Blink 182 they're classics.

Ha-ha, they've been around 14 years and have about 18 singles, I think they deserve a Greatest Hits album now.

To compare with Green Day, they released their 'Greatest Hits' after 12 years.

Bands with more history? Name some...

Not International Superhits since that was decent. This new one is called Bullet in a Bible and has the American Idiot singles on it live and stuff. They're becoming even more mainstream and profiting from it greatly, I hate bands who do that after being decent. As for Blink 182 they're classics.

What if I find Green Day songs to be classics? Opinions and facts are very different from eachother. And from the way you described it, Green Day is coming out with a live album, not a greatest hits album.

So Edge, i take it you like Blink 182? :)

Hard not to :lol:

Ive seen them both (Green Day, Blink182) live multiple times, even saw them both live at the same time. Theyre both good bands, and by going on saying that one band is terrible, and one is good, is someones own opinion. People may think the exact opposite of it. It doesnt make either one of them right.

Atticux, why the hell do you post in freaking small letters. It's like you're * whispering.

I hate people who think they're hardcore because they don't like mainstream bands.

I second that. A lot of people who think it makes them cool do like mainstream bands, but just dont admit it.

The goal of every band is more or less to make it big, which is basically going mainstream. Green Day and Blink 182 weren't always mainstream, though some people have forgotten that, it seems.

Atticux, why the hell do you post in freaking small letters. It's like you're * whispering.

Why do you post in normal size letters? If I'm not allowed to, why is the option to do so even there?

I hate people who think they're hardcore because they don't like mainstream bands

What the hell.. I've just clearly said I love Blink 182, aren't they mainstream enough?

Why do you post in normal size letters? If I'm not allowed to, why is the option to do so even there?

I hate people who think they're hardcore because they don't like mainstream bands

What the hell.. I've just clearly said I love Blink 182, aren't they mainstream enough?

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about people who hate mainstream bands.

And for the font, I can post in yellow letters but you don't see me doing it. I just don't get it why you post like that.

I dont think that was directed to you, but to the guy trashing Green Day.

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about people who hate mainstream bands.

And for the font, I can post in yellow letters but you don't see me doing it. I just don't get it why you post like that.

The point is I like it. Do you like yellow? If so, go for it. Your choice.

Meh, didn't he also say he liked Blink 182?

Meh, didn't he also say he liked Blink 182?

Couldn't tell you. I havent really been keeping track of who says what. I usually just look at sigs :lol:

And on topic, Ill probably end up picking up the album later tonight, on my weekly "Best Buy Run" :D

Guest andyizcool

I like Blink 182 and they're apparently mainstream so I don't think I'm hardcore hating mainstream. I'm not trashing Green Day because I love their old classics and Boulevard of Broken Dreams but the rest of the American Idiot album isn't that good. If you play guitar you'll know how easy power chords are and I don't think that makes a good song. You'll also see their solos are just the power chords with an extra string added in or something like that. Green Day were good now they're average I'm not saying they're crap or anything.

I like Blink 182 and they're apparently mainstream so I don't think I'm hardcore hating mainstream. I'm not trashing Green Day because I love their old classics and Boulevard of Broken Dreams but the rest of the American Idiot album isn't that good. If you play guitar you'll know how easy power chords are and I don't think that makes a good song. You'll also see their solos are just the power chords with an extra string added in or something like that. Green Day were good now they're average I'm not saying they're crap or anything.

Ah, so youre more or less saying "This is my expert opinion, listen to me or youre wrong"... :roll:

What you hate may be what some people like. Maybe I like... Power chords with an extra string added in...

The closest best buy to me is 35 minutes away. Wal-Mart is the closest store.

Or, order it from amazon?

Id much rather drive for 35 minutes, then wait 8 weeks for Amazon. (Last CD I ever buy online...)

The closest best buy to me is 35 minutes away. Wal-Mart is the closest store.

Or, order it from amazon?

EDIT: Or, order from loserkids and get free atticus stickers.

Im not aloud to order stuff online. :wall:

And its still faster to drive 40 minutes to best buy then to wait a day to buy it offline.

killa870yt.png