Running Opera off 1 Drive - Opera6.ini Help

Bmw

Hi,

Well to be frank, I want to be able to use Opera on my school computer. These computers are restricted by my school board on what I can install and what I can't. However, I see no harm in installing a much better browser, so I'm not stuck using IE all day long. If I know you folks, you'll have some sympathy for me!

When I install Opera, which it does allow me to do fine, everything works. However, when I restart or log out, everything installed is lost.

The thing is, there is an H drive which is my personal space on the board server. I can place any files on the drive, and it will not be lost upon log out or restart. I have so far installed Opera to that drive, so everytime I restart or log out, Opera is there for me.

However, my preferences are not saved. This is because the preferences are located off of my H drive, where it gets deleted each logout or restart. My question is, how exactly do I change the settings to allow every single opera file to be stored on my H drive so it does not get deleted? I know all preference paths are stored/can be changed in the opera6.ini file. However, if I change the paths to whatever I wish, will it work? Thats what I am not sure of. Is it as simple as changing the paths to my H drive or what?

Note: I am NOT trying to get around school restrictions necessarily. This is not one of those stupid posts saying let me play runescape at school. I simply wish to surf a real browser while at school, which my school does allow me to do. I AM ABLE to install Opera, but it simply does not save preferences, which I want it to do.

Thanks,

Avi D

signaturecj5.jpg

Yep! Found that just now too:

http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/portable_firefox/

Called portable firefox. You can throw it on a usb drive, and its fully functional.

One thing I'm still not sure on tho:

If I copy my bookmarks and wand passwords to the usb drive, is there any possibility of my personal info being left behind on a school computer? :x :shock:

signaturecj5.jpg

One thing I'm still not sure on tho:

If I copy my bookmarks and wand passwords to the usb drive, is there any possibility of my personal info being left behind on a school computer? :x :shock:

according to Opera-USB, no, there's not.. :)

IRKAa.jpg

Cheers for the link to the Firefox version :D

I had to uninstall firefox on my work computer and IE is teh sux :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12