Ultimate iron power mining

brentonvence

Items required:

Ardougne cloak 1-4

Glory or suitable bank teleport (ring of duelling to CW etc)

Any sort of pickaxe suitable for your level

Items suggested:

A disposable BOB for large quantities of mining

Varrock armor

Step 1: Basically equip your ring of duelling for emergency "forgot new glory teleports" and your amulet of glory to teleport to edgeville. Equip any other gear you will need to mine with and summon any familiars.

Step 2: Teleport to the kandarin monastery with the ardougne cloak. Run a very short distance north and you may either mine the coal (slower, much slower) or the iron (actual method with 6 rocks). Once you and your beast of burden have a full load teleport to edgeville and bank.

Repeat the process for as long as you want to mine.

P.S. Banking the iron this way is much faster than dropping it since bank trips take seconds.

Enjoy

this is a good idea, but wouldnt it be more effective just to use rings of dueling to bank all the time? its not that much slower, and you have to change your ring less often.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I just tried it using a terrorbird and got 970 iron ore per hour. I don't know what the rate is for kyatt mining, so I can't compare it atm.

with the bank speed you should be using an obby gollum

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I just tried it using a terrorbird and got 970 iron ore per hour. I don't know what the rate is for kyatt mining, so I can't compare it atm.

If you only got 970, it's probably not worth it. I hear you can get 1300ish with a kyatt, and I can get 1200 by just powermining.

with the bank speed you should be using an obby gollum

Not with iron. Even a lava titan wouldn't make it any faster, because iron mining is already so fast. Also, this was on an average population world. I probably could have gotten more on a full world.

EDIT: I just tried it again on world 2. I had a bit of lag, but I still managed to get 1000 ores per hour. So, I'd say this is almost as fast as the kyatt method, but not quite.

Edited by Monkeyguy789

Kidd_Varrow.png

spacespider.png

• 2 weeks later...

yes rings of duelling would be more effective which is why i listed them there. however glories are a cheaper alternative. the amount of rings of duelling would cost 4M for 99 mining approximately.

Yes, but it's also a hassle to have to go and recharge all the time. And if you're banking iron, you'll easily cover that 4m.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

yes rings of duelling would be more effective which is why i listed them there. however glories are a cheaper alternative. the amount of rings of duelling would cost 4M for 99 mining approximately.

Yes, but it's also a hassle to have to go and recharge all the time. And if you're banking iron, you'll easily cover that 4m.

If you can afford large amounts of glories, than all you have to do to recharge them is sell uncharged and buy charged on the GE -- it might take a little time, but you can speed it up if you're willing to take a small loss on each amulet.

This wouldn't technically be powermining, as you're banking all the iron, and powermining is dropping all the ores that you mine. I used this method with Ardougne teleports from about 78 to 85 a few years ago and it worked pretty well -- it's just very repetitive.

I think, however, that Kyatt mining would be better and, once you get to higher levels (80+), concentrated gold is far better, so this method is less useful than it was in the past (people with less than 57 summoning and less than 80 mining).

I feel like I have more to say, but I can't remember what it was.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

• 2 weeks later...