Bug in Community Blogs

So in the blogs section there's an option to rate a blog on a five-star scale. It doesn't work properly, though--the rating displayed is actually the number of times the blog has been rated, not the average rating it received on the five-star scale. So one blog could be rated 5/5 by one person and its rating would show up as 1/5, but another could be rated 1/5 by five people and its rating would show up as 5/5. That's kind of weird. And if more than five people rate it, it makes even less sense. Is there some way to fix this?

Also, on a completely unrelated note, is it possible to set up an RSS feed for my blog? Then I could link it to my Facebook account, which would be convenient.

• 4 weeks later...

The rating problem sounds to be a forum software bug, or due to the forum settings...

As for the RSS feed, it would have been located here: http://forum.tip.it/blog/rss/39-troacctids-runescape-blog/ but a lot of RSS feeds have been disabled. Hopefully an admin may be able to enable more RSS feeds for the entire board.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the delay here :(

The only setting I found in the ACP that might possibly be related is the following:

Rating threshold

Only when more then this number of votes have been done on a Blog the rating will show up. Set it to 0 for no threshold.

That threshold is currently set to five. But if you're certain that this does not explain the problems that you have witnessed, then it must be a forum software bug.

While possible, RSS feeds are currently disabled for blogs. However, this is a change that could be looked into.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

That would explain "14 out of 5" I guess, it means it's been rated 14 times out of the five it needs to be. But it doesn't explain the display problems. Try setting the threshold to 0 and see what happens?

While possible, RSS feeds are currently disabled for blogs. However, this is a change that could be looked into.

Yes, that would be great.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi sorry for the long delay, the rss feed issue has fell through the cracks accidentally, i'll do my best to get resolution for you - soon

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like there are a lot of blog rating bugs being fixed in the next version of IPB, which we will be upgrading to likely later in the week. If the issue is still not resolved at that point, then I will have our tech administrator look into it.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog