Quest Requirement Tree

treefalse

Hey, I haven't seen one, but is there a factor tree out there showing all quests on one page showing which quests are necessary to complete another? I realize that with so many quests it'd be hard to fit on one page, but I think it can be a helpful resource that's relatively easy to access, seeing as I could have used one a long time ago. I don't have the necessary paint programs to make it readable, but if anyone wants to take the time, I'm sure more people than just me would appreciate it.

ex.

..........................................................Swan Song

................................................./.....................................\

...............................One Small Favor ..........Garden of Tranquility

............................../.................|............\..............................|

I apologize if this is already somewhere on the site, but before locking this topic, could someone show me a link?

Thanks guys.

slayingseedszh1.jpg

great idea, if my computer with photoshop hadn't crashed id be more then willing to make it

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Well, thanks for the support and I guess letting me know that it's not already on the site.

If not one big chart, what about just for every quest there's a quest tree you can look at instead of showing just the immediate quests necessary to do said quest?

slayingseedszh1.jpg

Hey!

Quest trees have been suggested many times, and while it's a great idea in concept, actually creating and viewing such a tree would be quite difficult. For instance, a mini-tree for While Guthix Sleeps would look something like this:

[hide=WGS Tree]chartwgsvj8.jpg[/hide]

To create a tree with all 150+ quests would not only be time consuming but also hard to interpret (the resulting tree would be inevitably messy).

For this reason we have added a useful feature to all quest guides labeled "advancement", which tells you what the quest is a requirement for. I hope this is of help to you.

I'll leave this open for comments. :)

~WMX

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Hey!

Quest trees have been suggested many times, and while it's a great idea in concept, actually creating and viewing such a tree would be quite difficult. For instance, a mini-tree for While Guthix Sleeps would look something like this:

[hide=WGS Tree]chartwgsvj8.jpg[/hide]

To create a tree with all 150+ quests would not only be time consuming but also hard to interpret (the resulting tree would be inevitably messy).

For this reason we have added a useful feature to all quest guides labeled "advancement", which tells you what the quest is a requirement for. I hope this is of help to you.

I'll leave this open for comments. :)

~WMX

very nice, but you forgot all the quests req'd for the separate parts of rfd :(

also i think it would be easier using flash somehow, then you could have hide X quests, hide quests that i dont meet the requirements for, etc.

I think if this is done, it should be added to the quest log in game by jagex as it would be the smoothest and most comprehensible

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I've spent some time looking and this and the display is a big issue.

Think of it sort of like a pyramid with numerous levels. There are currently about 70 quests at the base level.

These intertwine and almost become a cobweb of links going up about 8 levels with various off shoots and additions.

Due to the cobweb effect you can't display this easily (thats if you manage to make fit 70 x 8 boxes into a viewable size).

No matter which programing language you use it would be extremely hard to code the links in a way which didn't look bad.

Doing it on a smaller scale like the WGS tree is very do-able, however on all the quest its (in my view) highly impractical.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

If not an actual image web, what about a calculator, showing all quest much like a skill calculator shows all ways to train? When one selects a quests, all necessary quests turn green. I'm not much in the way of a programmer, but it sounds to me like there'd be a lot less lines.

slayingseedszh1.jpg

Are you talking about this?

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?quest_calc

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Are you talking about this?

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?quest_calc

Something similar,but only for what quests you need, not what skills. What's only shown quest-wise is the quests that are directly stated by jagex, but not the quests to do the quests (to do the quest).

I think that the quest calculator can be combined with the quest requirement calculator in this way:

"Quests you need to do first are in orange, quests you have done but are required are in green, and quests in red cannot be done until other quests have been completed. Only quests applying to [Lunar Diplomacy] are shown."

What do you think? I do realize that there isn't an incredible demand, but it is very tedious stacking up quests needed that sometimes I have to bring up Notepad.

slayingseedszh1.jpg

Sorry in advance about my horrible GIMP skills as it took literally 2 minutes and I had to edit my quest list as I've done most of them.

terrible.png

Something like that?

Green being no requirement or all quests complete.

Orange being quest requirements not completed but marked as to-do (or something similar).

Red being quest requirements, not marked as to do and not completed.

Its more of a quest planner then a quest tree.

Wow just had a thought on how this can be done, it works out a lot bigger, but allows for it to logically work without massive formulas.

The result would be in the region of 100+ lines vertical and 10 lines horizontal, but once I work out the little bugs and managed to get it organized it should be modifiable.

Edited by JoeDaStudd

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

You've just given me another idea to add to my notes for ideas to develop with Java! :^_^:

I think something like this would be fantastic if it could be provided in a manageable way, WarriorMonk's image certainly looks brilliant - if we could get past the limitations I bet this would be a very appreciated feature.

Thanks all for the support for the idea and Mr. Studd for showing a sort of "prototype" for the project. I apologize again for being only able to pitch the idea and not do much in ways of programming, but I'm glad that the idea is in good hands. I hope to see it on the site soon, if all goes well.

slayingseedszh1.jpg