Recommended Combat Stats level in Quests

Hello

When i read the Quest Guide before doing a quest i often have a hard time figuring out whether or not i'm strong enough to do the quest without too much trouble.

So i would like to suggest that each of the Quest Guides also contain some sort of recommendation to how high a player's Attack, Strength, Defence, Magic and Ranged level should be before doing the quest.

The trouble with recommending stats is various variations of ability at fighting and stats will do the trick.

Personally I'd of thought knowing you're own combat ability and looking at the monster list would suffice.Eg if monster list says you must fight a lvl 162 and you know you have died easily to a lvl 90 monster you probably cant do it etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The trouble with recommending stats is various variations of ability at fighting and stats will do the trick.

Personally I'd of thought knowing you're own combat ability and looking at the monster list would suffice.Eg if monster list says you must fight a lvl 162 and you know you have died easily to a lvl 90 monster you probably cant do it etc.

This. Plus, a lot of combat-heavy quests have recommended combat stats from Jagex, so you might want to check the official quest pages first.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

This. Plus, a lot of combat-heavy quests have recommended combat stats from Jagex, so you might want to check the official quest pages first.

Well, looking on the official quest page isn't IMO really helpful when doing a quest like Contact!

All it says is: A high combat level is recommended

Which means what ? - i would prefer rely more on the experience and recommendation from my fellow players.

The biggest problem is: What is a "right" combat level to recommend for quests like contact? One level 90 can differ so incredibly much from the other, it's near impossible to pinpoint one recommend combat level. I'm pretty sure I've beaten it under level 90 myself, so to me, level 90 would be sufficient. However, for you that obviously wouldn't be good enough as you couldn't finish it. It will also lead to a lot of moaning about the recommended levels like: "I'm level 70 and couldn't complete the quest while you recommend 60, so I thought I could easily do that! I demand you to change it". So therefore, it's best to look at what levels creatures you have to face and judge yourself whether you can do it or not.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Yeah, everybody's ability is different, for instance I completed Desert Treasure at level 60 but 100+ players had a lot of trouble. As Wachtwoord said, any recommendation we put on a guide will be misleading in many cases and lead to confusion. See if you can ask some friends about their experience for a more personal answer.

Good luck questing. :)

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!