Falador Achievement Diary

Water

Medium 8

Place a scarecrow to protect your sweetcorn as it grows in the patch north of Port Sarim.

If you do not have a scarecrow, make it from a bronze spear, a sack of hay and a watermelon. Plant sweetcorn in one of the allotment patches, then use the scarecrow on the flower patch.

I'd like to add, as a tip, NOT to water your sweetcorn.

If you do, you wont complete the task. ~ tried that 3 times, didn't water them the last time, and tada! completed. :)

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

But is it not inferred and quite implicit that you don't water them? As the instruction given is to plant sweetcorn, not to plant and water sweetcorn?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

But is it not inferred and quite implicit that you don't water them? As the instruction given is to plant sweetcorn, not to plant and water sweetcorn?

Yea, but if you have the habit of planting them, you simply read over that sentence & water them as usual. :rolleyes:

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

I don't know if this is an accurate or worthwhile tip.

I had already had the sweetcorn grown in my patch (watered and paid for protection) then put the scarecrow in after to finish the task and it completed it for me.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Yea, but if you have the habit of planting them, you simply read over that sentence & water them as usual. :rolleyes:

But then it is your own fault as you did something the instruction did not tell you too.

If you bought a flat pack cupboard and it told you to put side a onto the base and then you assumed you had to put side b on too (as that would be a normal progression) but then the cupboard wasnt right as ther instructions didnt tell you to do that. Would you then say the instructions should be updated to clarify you to NOT do something they never told you to?

If we are gonna start clarifying what NOT to do tip.it would get very big.

Eg Cooks Assitant would need like 50+ pages to tell you things like don't teleport to x, don't bank y, dont drop z for every step.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

@Paw_Claw,

I believe you're exagirating now.

I don't expect a guide to help by telling everything in kiddy-steps, but all the helpfull information sounds welcome to me.

Watering a plant, what can be more logical? You call it "Wrong", I call it logical.

Maybe you need to learn how to farm sweetcorn. :unsure:

There are plenty of other guides with tips&trick that tell what NOT to do, so please spare me that comment.

And try to be openminded. It's not because it's not in your benefit,

that it can't be in someone else's benefit.

I read questions about it and was just hoping to help several people with this little addition.

But if you guys can't agree, then please don't add it, lock the thread, and bam, we're finished with it.

I was hoping for some constructive comments, not this nonsence that was totally unneeded & no use in any way.

Greetings.

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

Why is it nonsense just because I disagree with you?

I think its perfectly valid point of view. Yes in some guides you're told to not do x, where doing x will cause something to break or reset (eg do NOT teleport out to restock food as the puzzle will reset) or where its part of a normal routine which you don't need to do (eg Make a sapphire amulet but do not string it). In this case however while watering crops is logical, the instruction to plant a crop never includes watering. If you read farming guides they tell you that in allotments you have to water things after you planted them, which defines watering as a separate action from planting. Which means by watering them when you're told to plant them it is you at fault as you are adding in an extra instruction.

Plus as someone else mentioned it doesn't sound right to me anyway. I could of sworn you got the task completion when the corn was fully grown.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I watered them and paid for them and it worked...so watering has nothing to do with it.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Hi,

My apologies for the slow response. Crew appreciates your input. SportsGuy seems to have managed with the watering. Maybe it was a glitch or something? If someone else has or had a problem with this, please don't hesitate to post a new topic regarding this. Thank you again. :thumbup:

~ Speedyshel

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*