Avatar Photomanip. (Now also a Zombie!)

Pie Naple

Well, here we go... It's for a magazine cover for Media Studies...So it wasn't just a big waste of time :)

Okay so here's the original.. It's not the exact original as thats the manip I made for my facebook profile..But you get the idea of what i started with.

[hide]MeStudioRenderSmall.jpg[/hide]

And here's the finished result...took roughly around 3 hours.

[hide]MeAvatarRenderSmall.jpg[/hide]

EDIT: Added another version, this time - I'm a zombie :) Not really done with it yet, but I can't be bothered anymore...about 12 hours work right there:

[hide]MeZombieRender-1.jpg[/hide]

Comments will be nice :) Do keep in mind it didn't take long and didn't need to look amazing for my school project.

It's good, but it needs work.

In terms of accuracy, the nose needs to look a bit flatter and wider.

The eyes are good, but it looks like you cut/pasted them, as something about them doesn't match the rest of the image. Not sure what, but it could be just a little colour adjustment that is needed.

The ears also look very plain. Texture is good, but they have none of the shape that real (or Na'vi) ears have. They're almost there, but again, just a small tweak is needed.

Also, the shape of the head could be tweaked slightly. The jaw of the Na'vi is a lot wider, so their face is shaped like an upside down house, if you know what I mean. Like this, but upside down:

[hide=Here]simple+house.jpg[/hide]

I don;t know if you understand that, but, hey, if you don't, ask and I'll try and explain it a little better.

This may sound very critical, but remember, what you've done is very good. I have just picked out the tiny bits that need adjusting.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Thanks for the great feedback :)

Now time to explain myself :)

Firstly Yes, I forgot to mention that I used the eyes and ears used in the film already. So technically you could say that it isn't totally original..but I don't see many big photo manips that are..

Anyway, I think I'll take you up on the adjustments and maybe change some things about it to see if i can make it look better.

Thanks again :)

EDIT: Scrap that, it will take too much work to re-construct the face since I had already sized and cut out the color layers and etc to make it look like it is.. god, should have saved more layers and stuff >_>

Thanks for the great feedback :)

Now time to explain myself :)

Firstly Yes, I forgot to mention that I used the eyes and ears used in the film already. So technically you could say that it isn't totally original..but I don't see many big photo manips that are..

Anyway, I think I'll take you up on the adjustments and maybe change some things about it to see if i can make it look better.

Thanks again :)

EDIT: Scrap that, it will take too much work to re-construct the face since I had already sized and cut out the color layers and etc to make it look like it is.. god, should have saved more layers and stuff >_>

Hmm, that is odd. In the pictures I was looking at, all the ears seemed a lot more contoured than the ones you picked out for your manip. Don't worry about it being completely original, I just pointed that out solely because the colour doesn't quite match up. It's fine for it to be in there, but it needs a little tweak to look a bit more natural.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

The zombie took 12 hours?

I don't understand.

10nex44.png

Firstly, this was my first time doing that kind of thing... Second, I kept messing up a lot and re-doing parts...Thirdly, this includes time spent talking on msn and browsing facebook...:/

I don't understand.

10nex44.png

Firstly, this was my first time doing that kind of thing... Second, I kept messing up a lot and re-doing parts...Thirdly, this includes time spent talking on msn and browsing facebook...:/

So the manip itself took about 1-2 hours?

igsig.png

I don't understand.

10nex44.png

So the manip itself took about 1-2 hours?

Haha, yes probably :) Though I would guess at around the 3-4 hours mark :/