Devious Minds quest Guide

Hello

I have just done the Devious Minds quest and i found the Tips, tricks & notes-section to be a bit confusing:

The part i would like to have corrected or at lest made more clear is:

You can buy a large pouch from Wizard Korvak in the Runecrafting Guild (Wizard's Tower near Draynor) for 25,000 gp.

Here i would like to have added:

You can buy a large pouch from Wizard Korvak in the Runecrafting Guild if you previously have owned one (Wizard's Tower near Draynor) for 25,000 gp.

I wasn't aware of this fact, so i ran straight to the Runecrafting Guild only to discover that Wizard Korvak would only sell me a Medium Pouch !

-------Another suggestion----------

Another vital piece of information would be to tell the player that the Abbyss monsters will only drop a Medium Pouch if you already own a small and only drop Large Pouches if you already have a Medium Pouch.

Had i known this i could have spared myself the 2+ hours i spent trying to get the Large Pouch, because i didn't collect the Medium Pouch when i got i as a drop (thank you jaguar9 for telling me this fact)

Your other suggestions is wrong.

I died lost all my pouches.

I got large, small, giant, medium in that order from drops.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Your other suggestions is wrong.

I died lost all my pouches.

I got large, small, giant, medium in that order from drops.

Unless it has changed, which it very well could have, pouches do drop in size order (small, medium, large, giant).

Last time I had to gather my pouches back that was how it worked; but that was, literally, years ago.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

Mine was about a yr - yr 1/2 bk now but I definitely got them in tht order

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Mine was about a yr - yr 1/2 bk now but I definitely got them in tht order

As i wrote in initial post i couldn't get a Large Pouch before i had gotten a medium one and i did the quest a few days ago.

It is therefore fair to assume, in my opinion, that the drop order is like @TheLeonardo has stated.

I don't think that you spent 2+ hours killing then happened to get a large drop after u picked up a medium is conclusive proof.

As it is one case and therefore holds no proof tht having the med pouch allowed to large to drop or that not having med stopped u getting large.

All it proves for certain is you had 2 hours in which you did not get a large drop and that after those 2 hours you did in fact get a large drop.

I spent 3+ hours and got no pouches when I did it, then I got a large drop followed by small in quick succession.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I got the Large pouch while completing that quest, then lost it in the completion of the quest and was later able to buy it from the wizard. I guess I got it as a drop, but I don't remember it being difficult (while on the quest) or taking that long. Perhaps the drop frequency increases for that pouch DURING the quest (in other words, after it has been started).

I don't think there is necessarily a drop order, but I did have both the small and medium pouches already before getting the large one.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

I don't think that you spent 2+ hours killing then happened to get a large drop after u picked up a medium is conclusive proof.

As it is one case and therefore holds no proof tht having the med pouch allowed to large to drop or that not having med stopped u getting large.

All it proves for certain is you had 2 hours in which you did not get a large drop and that after those 2 hours you did in fact get a large drop.

I'll agree that we can't draw the final conclusion that you have to have a Medium Pouch before the abyss monsters will drop a Large pouch based on my experience only.

All i can say is that i only got the Large Pouch drop after i had picked up a Medium Pouch - ie. the monsters did only drop a Medium Pouch every time not the other pouch sizes - it is worth to mention that i already had a Small Pouch in my bank.

Alright, after reviewing everything, I've incorporated the first suggestion into the guide by changing the note's wording. Thanks for that, by the way; it's very useful to mention. :thumbup:

The second suggestion, however, presents a bit of a problem. I lean towards believing that the pouches are dropped in sequential order, but I've heard too many claims from both sides to be certain. This actually reminds me of the debate from a few years back over whether or not the small pouch could degrade. :mellow: That debate took a ridiculously long time to quell, and very little of value was gained as a result, so I hope you can understand why I'm loath to add this as a note or research it further. :o I ultimately don't believe it merits the effort to confirm, so I'm afraid I won't be making any changes here.

'My thanks to Neohero1972 for the submission, and to the rest of your for the interesting discussion. Cheers! :)

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png