Slayer Outfit

geesch

I recently came back to RS to find a ton of new stuff. Guthans used to be the way to slay, but now with tabs and summoning, it seems to becoming obsolete. Point being, what is the best outfit to use when slaying? I have a veracs skirt and dh top for the riskier assignments, and a bcp to replace the dh for 'safe' assignments. I bought the bcp yesterday, and it took a big hit on my cash pile. I was wondering if i made the right choice? I was largely debating whether to get a bcp or dfs. The dfs seems awesome, but significantly more expensive.

What is the slayer outfit you would suggest?

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

I recently came back to RS to find a ton of new stuff. Guthans used to be the way to slay, but now with tabs and summoning, it seems to becoming obsolete. Point being, what is the best outfit to use when slaying? I have a veracs skirt and dh top for the riskier assignments, and a bcp to replace the dh for 'safe' assignments. I bought the bcp yesterday, and it took a big hit on my cash pile. I was wondering if i made the right choice? I was largely debating whether to get a bcp or dfs. The dfs seems awesome, but significantly more expensive.

What is the slayer outfit you would suggest?

I mostly wear sw cape, v skirt and bcp, but tbh a verrac's brassard, prossy top, or dh top for defence are much better value for your money. I would sell the bcp if it really did take a big hit in your cash pile, and invest in pray pots so you can 10%str/piety/turmoil tasks. This saves you MUCH more time than a "stupid" bcp.

Don't get a dfs either. I have one and the only task I use it is wyverns. For every other task rune defender is better, or fally shield, if you want to save some ppots (I use these on bloodvelds for instance, since they already have such low def and I'm turmoiling + deflect melee'ing them, which eats a lot of pots).

Go with:

slayer helm

BCP

verac's skirt

d boots

best RFD gloves

whip + defender

SW cape - fire cape - quest cape depending on what you have.

DFS is not worth it other then on dragon tasks.

Since you already have the BCP, use it. If you decide you don't like it after all, sell it and use barrows like torags.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

If you don't have a berserker ring, sell your bandos chestplate and buy that. With dharok's plate and berserker you'll get better stats for less.

DFS is trash. Rune Defender is the best shield for meleeing, period. The only shiled I'd consider over that would be divine while soloing a boss like bandos.

I still have like 8m or something leftover after the bcp. The thing is, I don't know what to do with the money, so I figured I would buy expensive armour. My setup is exactly as Transcript suggested. If I were to sell my bcp, what should I buy then? I have hundreds of ppots too, so I'm set in that department.

Edit: I have a fury and berserker already btw.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

Karils for fighting monsters with a magic based attack.

got that too. I have a cannon 2 crystal bows, full karils/4k racks (I hate you jad...), whip, defenders, I'm practically set with the basics. I figured me next step was to move to high end gear like bandos, but perhaps I'm wrong?

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

Cannon + Cannonballs

Zammy Spear

Onyx Ring (i), if you can get your hands on one AND Zerker Ring (i)

Karils

Focus + Hex

Various Summoning Pouches, elemental titans, bunyip, and best combat familiar are most important.

Enhanced Excalibur, if you can get it

Hmm...I think that's it.

I think Bandos is a waste unless you can easily afford it (eg. buy it without taking about a huge amount from your cashpile), since that money is better spent somewhere else. If you have a torso, it usually can replace Bandos since its high defense usually isn't necessary. In fact, I use my torso on all my melee tasks and I've been fine (even at Mithril Dragons, and I don't use a DFS there because of Super Antifires).

What does a focus and hex do? I still need to get a slayer helm. Other than pouches and stuff, what do I spend 40m on? Why the z spear? A 5m weapon just for waterfiends seems overkill to me. Unless there are other uses for it that I don't know about.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

What does a focus and hex do? I still need to get a slayer helm. Other than pouches and stuff, what do I spend 40m on? Why the z spear? A 5m weapon just for waterfiends seems overkill to me. Unless there are other uses for it that I don't know about.

They are the Black Mask equivalent for range and mage.

And you have 40m, 5m isn't going to cost to much as it helps on many tasks. It helps out on many more if you get 85 herblore.

And the ZS/SS is needed for WFS as they are weak to crush and any other attack style isn't as effective.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

They are the Black Mask equivalent for range and mage.

And you have 40m, 5m isn't going to cost to much as it helps on many tasks. It helps out on many more if you get 85 herblore.

And the ZS/SS is needed for WFS as they are weak to crush and any other attack style isn't as effective.

Oh ok, that's cool. I assume it goes into a slayer helm? How much would 85 herblore cost from 74? Is the zspear limited to waterfiends largely?

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

No. Zamorak Spear is used on a huge amount of tasks. It is BETTER than the SS because of this reason.

It's the best stab weapon in the game and ties with SS for the best crush weapon (outside of PvP weapons). So on all dragon tasks, metal and nonmetal, you will use it. You use it on Aquanites (stab), Gargs (crush), Waterfiends/Icefiends (crush), and a few others. You will find yourself using your ZS pretty often.