Shades vs Vyrewatch

Sire_Mark_II

As much fun as it would be to watch shades doing battle with vampires I'm more curious about which of these activities is more worthwhile. Masochist that I am I actually enjoy shade burning to a certain extent. Figure it's an ok way to train firemaking, prayer, and to a lesser degree crafting while getting some rewards out of it. But now that I've finished Legacy of Seergaze I'm not sure if there's a benefit to burning vyrewatch remains over shades. The XP seems to be based on the logs regardless so do vyrewatch keys yield better treasure or anything? Anyone who's had experience with one or both activities please let me know your thoughts.

Simark.png

As much fun as it would be to watch shades doing battle with vampires I'm more curious about which of these activities is more worthwhile. Masochist that I am I actually enjoy shade burning to a certain extent. Figure it's an ok way to train firemaking, prayer, and to a lesser degree crafting while getting some rewards out of it. But now that I've finished Legacy of Seergaze I'm not sure if there's a benefit to burning vyrewatch remains over shades. The XP seems to be based on the logs regardless so do vyrewatch keys yield better treasure or anything? Anyone who's had experience with one or both activities please let me know your thoughts.

I actually enjoyed Vyrewatch burning: I maxed out my flail (Hopefully will be useful for the next Myreque quest), got pretty decent loot including nice seeds, and I got a fm lvl out of it as well as some pray exp. I've tried shade burning, and what I hated was all the running back and forth between the temple, cemetery, and the pyres; if you're fine with that then I don't know what to tell you but I like Vyrewatch hunting a lot more.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I actually enjoyed Vyrewatch burning: I maxed out my flail (Hopefully will be useful for the next Myreque quest), got pretty decent loot including nice seeds, and I got a fm lvl out of it as well as some pray exp. I've tried shade burning, and what I hated was all the running back and forth between the temple, cemetery, and the pyres; if you're fine with that then I don't know what to tell you but I like Vyrewatch hunting a lot more.

But aren't you running out to kill vyrewatch, going to for oils, and then going to the salve temple to cremate as well anyway? Since you did both, did you feel like the rewards from burning vyrewatch was better?

Simark.png

But aren't you running out to kill vyrewatch, going to for oils, and then going to the salve temple to cremate as well anyway? Since you did both, did you feel like the rewards from burning vyrewatch was better?

I killed Vyres in batches of 100 in order to power up my flail, running between the bank and the area Vyres are found, then banked in Canifis for the logs and bodies and burned them in the temple and went back for more till had to kill. I made the logs ahead of time at the ge, so there wasn't any need to go to the temple for oil. I enjoyed the rewards, and what I liked about it was that I had a goal of maxing my flail (I was gonna go trekking with it, but it turned out to be not all that great for that; still is awesome though).

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I killed Vyres in batches of 100 in order to power up my flail, running between the bank and the area Vyres are found, then banked in Canifis for the logs and bodies and burned them in the temple and went back for more till had to kill. I made the logs ahead of time at the ge, so there wasn't any need to go to the temple for oil. I enjoyed the rewards, and what I liked about it was that I had a goal of maxing my flail (I was gonna go trekking with it, but it turned out to be not all that great for that; still is awesome though).

I just tried killing vyres, horrible slow. But I think I'll mix it up. Kill about 10 vyres between shade runs until I've got enough to boost the flail strength. As that goes up I might try to kill more vampires, see if it's a signifigant enough improvement. Thanks for the tip about killing in batches.

Simark.png

It's actually every 50 kills that the flail's stats are boosted. I would definitely not do it all at once since they are kinda slow to kill at first and you'll just get really bored.

I'd recommend buying the pyre logs off the GE too but you can make the oil yourself as a distraction from the killing if you want. If you have slayer rings, they're great when you cremate them and you can use a BoB to hold more pyre logs. I did get a god page and a piece of god armor from them so it was fun. Never really tried shade burning as the rewards didn't look as good as vyrewatch burning did. Also, if you find the vyrewatch are too strong, the Temple Trekking ones have weaker ones.

Definitely do Vyres, do them in batches of 50, so you can use your Flail the best way. Even if you buy the logs from the Exchange, you still make a lot of money, plue you prepare yourself for future Myreque quests. And friend and I both did ours at the same time. Over the 500 kills, we made a heap of cash, and I got a Saradomin Platebody, while he got a Zamorak Plateskirt.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I didn't even know sacred oils and pyre logs were tradable. So this changes much! :mrgreen:

To the vyrewatch: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You bit my neck. Prepare to die!

-584k gold from my first 50 cremations, not including what I kept that probably would have pushed it closer to 750k-1m. Yeah, I have fallen in love with vyrewatch!-

Simark.png