Punk Fans

mcribsandwch

Theres a lot of irony in saying that "old skool punk" is better. Because it was meant to be bad. :roll:

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

lol merciful you have a good point. However old school punk is just so catchy. Im 17 and in england one of the rare exception who listen to rock (albeit mainly indy rock). Rap, hip hop and garage seem to have taken over, along with the chav invasion. New punk is pointless screaming and teenagers covered in piercings complaing their parents "dont get me". Emo and goth are just as annoying as chavs. Nuetral is the way to be :D. Old school rock in general not just punk was "im a badass and i know it, i can do what i like". New school rock is mainly "o that girl doesn't like me i may as well cover my face in piercings and cry about the pointlessness of my existence".

They are complete idiots with a lack of style. They are the types of people who start fights for no reason. Dirt common people who wear caps and tracksuits or try every style fad at once making themselves ridiculous.

They also tend to wear designer gear to make themselves look good but it tends to be either stolen or fake. Basically scum of society

i like 'old school' punk, but loath the likes of good charolett (or however its spelt) and The Used.

cant be bothered quoting but i agrea compleatly with the thing about emo's. There all just whiny, crossdressing teens who complain about "no one getting me", of cource no one is going to get why you cry for no reason and dress like a trans-gender patient. Gosh, friggin idiot! :P

I like anything from soft rock to thrasher, within reason ofcource. Anything in the top 40 is on the most part cruddy, though there are always exeptions.

manedit.png

First and only pixel thinger I made.

punk sucks..

boo and you punks....boooo

8)

Thanks for your intelligent input. I am now going to burn all my punk CD's and start listening to Rap and Hiphop thaks to your enlightening post.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

punk sucks..

8)

Thanks for your intelligent input. I am now going to burn all my punk CD's and start listening to Rap and Hiphop thaks to your enlightening post.

I agree his post was moronic, but i missed the reason why you are going to listen to rap and hip-hop? Because thats just as moronic as him, expressing an opinion without any reason or comment to back it up.

On topic: Well according to iTunes, I'm an avid punk listener, if i look at the genres, most of them contain punk. I like Radiohead, Greenday, Kaiserchiefs, Kasabian. But I never really thought of these as punk (Greenday maybe), but just alternate rock...

manipofsarahs1gg5.png

punk sucks..

8)

I agree his post was moronic, but i missed the reason why you are going to listen to rap and hip-hop? Because thats just as moronic as him, expressing an opinion without any reason or comment to back it up.

sarÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷casm Pronunciation Key (sÃÆÃâÃâärkzm)

n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.

2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

3. The use of sarcasm.

punk sucks..

8)

sarÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷casm Pronunciation Key (sÃÆÃâÃâärkzm)

n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.

2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

3. The use of sarcasm.

I'm sure Mericfull can defend himself? He probably doesn't need random people quoting random definitions at people who question a post of his. And i understand his use of sarcasm, thanks (a little of my own sarcasm there). I was just wondering what he has against rap and hip-hop, because his post isn't as informative as it perhaps could have been.

manipofsarahs1gg5.png

I enjoy some punk music, but I'm usually turned off by the political messages that make up majority of punk songs.

In my eyes, punk is pretty much defined by bands who are sick of "the man" putting them down. Some argue that Christian music really forces beliefs on you, but I feel that a lot of the punk bands I've listened to are much worse. Alot of the cussing is far from needed also.

Please note, I've said "in my eyes" and "some of the bands" I've listened to so don't tell me I don't understand punk. These are just the bands I've heard, not my opinion or understanding of the movement.

So is there no 'real punk' around? Please educate me, im geniunley confused. I thought Green Day were punk, but are they more pop?

Greenday is not punk now. They suck.

Old Punk was way better. Dead Kennedys, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Buzz[roosters], The Clash, MC5, The Stooges.

Greenday can go to hell same with hip hop and pop and anything new rock bands or wannabe punk bands.

pretty much what do you mean by this post?

I'm going to say Motion City Soundtrack

but are you going to tell me their not punk? just wondering?

I'll take that liberty and tell you they're not punk. Their sound doesn't resemble punk, but they also aren't really part of the punk movement. Some say punk died years ago, but their still some bands continuing on with the right attitude. I don't see MCS even coming close to being punk.