Fishing

Celisuis2341

Try to do the quest to get to monkfish as wel. It isn't all that hard, and you could probably rane or mage the trolls. In the long run the money and xp will be worth it. :)

Quest looks easy, but you need 101 QP bewfore you can start it. ;(I got only 56 QP (I got memb 1 week ago, spend alot of my time hunting for charms as well xD).

But I think that monkfish are great if you want fast exp + decent money!

When I was doing monkfish (90-95 fishing), I had 36k xp per hour max (including a granite lobster). 40k xp per hour is overestimated.

Go for barbarian heavy fishing, 55k xp per hour if you use mousekeys and you get 5.5k agility and strength xp as a bonus.

However, I've timed myself before and gotten lucky hours of over 36k xp. Sometimes luck is played in with something like Monkfish. However, I do agree, rarely will you ever see over 36k xp/hour, especially an average.

To answer your question, stick with Lobsters. However, Monkfish will be a great addition once you have the requirements finished for Swan Song.

For all the way to 99 Fishing, if you want profit, stick with either Monkfish or Rocktails when you can. You could probably to Cavefish as well when you get there. Only do Lobsters if you are meaning to stay a low level and aren't planning on finishing Swan Song.

If you want experience, get into Shilo (assuming you haven't done the quest) and then fly fish, until level 70 fishing, at which it's a good idea to do Barbarian Fishing and powerfish there by dropping your fish.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

Sometimes I wonder if the posters read the question.....

To do Monks needs you to finish 6 or so quests because of the prerequisites. and rocktails also need high levels in other things besides fishing. Like good defense and a great mining level.

If you want money fish trout in Shilo Village. Trout is the fastest xp for you. You make money when you sell them raw or cooked.

If your not interested in coin then go do barbarian fishing. Faster xp then Shilo and a bonus with strength and agility.