71-80 Herblaw Methods

Low C

Alright, those illustrious extreme potions are awaiting me but I don't have a ton of money so what would the best way be for me to get 71-80, then on up the ladder from there to get to eventually 83 herb.

I have a hook at my disposal and I will monster hunt for money once I finish my goal of 99 ranged defence and hp.

So what im asking is what is best to make from 71-80, and I hear range mixes are good at 80-83 so am I correct there? If Morionic is lurking around I'd much like his advise as well as anyone else who can help me out.

Thanks in advance :razz:

Low_C.png

Alright, those illustrious extreme potions are awaiting me but I don't have a ton of money so what would the best way be for me to get 71-80, then on up the ladder from there to get to eventually 83 herb.

I have a hook at my disposal and I will monster hunt for money once I finish my goal of 99 ranged defence and hp.

So what im asking is what is best to make from 71-80, and I hear range mixes are good at 80-83 so am I correct there? If Morionic is lurking around I'd much like his advise as well as anyone else who can help me out.

Thanks in advance :razz:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/261118-70-to-80-herblore/

77yLQy8.png

Thanks for the reply muggi, but all I seen in that thread was prayer potions, and cleaning herbs. Both methods I don't much care for. I'd like to see a method that isn't as well known as that and is fairly fast.

Low_C.png

These are quotes from Moronic

"saradomin brews and prayer potions are also very common and popular potions to make. Going with the crowd, when it comes to herblore, is also like shooting yourself in the foot

prayer potions and sara brews currently will set you back about 320-400 mil for 70 -> 99. You'll wanna find something cheaper. "

This involves range mixes..

[hide=]"lend an item or wait til they do start selling

they arent selling now because potions all around are crashing. "[/hide]

[hide=]"I personally bought all the ranging potions(2) and caviar i needed for 80 -> 99 herblore when i trained it

And subsequently sold all the ranging mixes(2) on GE or by lending my SGS.

you just need to be a resourceful merchant.

caviar always sells

ranging potions(2) usually sell slowly. 1k a day, depending on market conditions.

since potions in general are crashing, potions(2) will sell particularly well for now and the following few days

as a result, mixes(2) will sell very poorly.

once again this method requires you to be up to date on the potion market.

you'll have to be prepared for whenever mixes(2) start selling, which probably wont be for weeks or months."[/hide]

[hide=]

when I got 99 herblore, I always told myself to never make prayer potions.

the best training method is the one people don't know about.

And everybody knows about prayer potions.

if you're low on income, energy potions and serum 207's are two good traditional potions at the moment, but once again, i advise not using traditional methods

once you can make weapon poison++, it's not a bad idea to collect nightshades @ gutannoth and and make weapon poison++, the xp rate is low but they make a profit

barbarian potions are decently good so long as you can make sell the mixes.

antipoison mixes, prayer mixes, energy mixes, antifire mixes, and ranging mixes all make profit IF you can sell the mixes

I personally made ranging mixes to 99 herblore for 100k xp/hour + 1 mil gp/hour

currently ranging mixes make 100k xp/hour + 700k gp/hour IF you can sell the potions

trick is selling the mixes.

Wait til merch clans buy up the potions, in order to sell the mixes

that and items should be lent to sell more potions

now would be a decent time to buy the potions(2), while prices are crashing. [/hide]

SORRY~ I forgot you need 71-80. Check out these links and wait a little bit for prices to settle down. Look for lowest gp/xp. Zammy brews seem good right now but I dont think you can make them, and you need to buy unf torstol which is impossible to buy..

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculators/Unfinished_potions ( this is unf potion > finished)

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculators/Herbs (cleaning herbs )

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculators/Potions ( vial of water > herb > second > finished)

The best potion to make right now is super energies, which are 22 gp/xp, which would be about 25mil to 80 from your level. Considering I got 70-80 for 13m on super defenses, just wait until prices settle.

The best thing for your predictament would to sell your hook for (unf) wergali/fletching potions. You could buy the seconds and get huge experience for little cost. UNF WERGALI > Fletching potion is 3gp/xp. You could get to 90 herblore on the same cost it would be to get 80, approxamtely. You would then have a little leftover fletching potions, which sell over time or you could lend an item, such as an sgs/ags for them.

Hope I helped!

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

yes best cost effective method for 71-80. I'll do range mixes for 80+. and I really don't want to clean herbs and such because I value my wrists and my laptop doesnt support mouse keys.

Low_C.png

yes best cost effective method for 71-80. I'll do range mixes for 80+. and I really don't want to clean herbs and such because I value my wrists and my laptop doesnt support mouse keys.

I use a laptop for when I clean herbs... it's very easy and relaxing.

Basically I've got a wireless mouse I use since I can't stand the touch pad. I disable the laptop touch pad but keep the laptop mouse buttons enabled. When I clean herbs, I move w/ the external mouse and click with the laptop buttons. When you click with the laptop buttons, you never drag herbs and you can clean about 8.5k herbs per hour. I'm getting about 117k herb xp/hour and 2M profit doing dwarf weeds right now :thumbup:

77yLQy8.png

Very nice idea muggi. Do you have a chart of herbs that are recommended for cleaning? I'll try that method when I get the time.

just pick an herb (the higher lvl, the better) and buy grimy and see how much it cost-- clean it, then see how much it sells back for. just cuz it doesn't sell instantly, doesn't mean it doesn't sell. I'm cleaning about 1-2k dwarf weeds at a time then selling them for about 220gp profit per herb... it takes an hour or two for all the cleaned herbs to be sold.

77yLQy8.png

Very nice idea muggi. Do you have a chart of herbs that are recommended for cleaning? I'll try that method when I get the time.

just pick an herb (the higher lvl, the better) and buy grimy and see how much it cost-- clean it, then see how much it sells back for. just cuz it doesn't sell instantly, doesn't mean it doesn't sell. I'm cleaning about 1-2k dwarf weeds at a time then selling them for about 220gp profit per herb... it takes an hour or two for all the cleaned herbs to be sold.

Thanks for the advise. Im going to try it right now :P

Low_C.png

Thanks for the advise. Im going to try it right now :P

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculators/Herbs

The best for you is Dwarf Weed. its the best experience and the best gp/xp, with torstol being second.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1