Mobilising armies

Saunamajuri

Okay, so I thought to try out the game for the clothes and to imbue my archer ring. The thing is, I have never played it and am not a very good strategist.

So, can you give me any tips for playing the different game modes? I would be very appreciated.

Checking back in 8 hours. Thanks in advance.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

The best way to get ranks is to play siege, attack the wall, wait five minutes, then cannon your own soldiers. You'll get one rank and tiny bit of reward credits every round (assuming you don't invest). Personally, I use all heavy units and see whether or not I can just attempt to kill everyone at the five minute mark (so as not to disturb the players just trying to suicide for ranks). If you win, you get two ranks, so it's sometimes an easy and kind of fun way to get reward credits. I have no experience with the other types of games.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

My favorite way to play was to do siege and focus entirely on destroying the wall with the catapult. I immediately sent my guys to gather materials for the catapult and then did nothing but gather rocks the rest of the time. I almost always won with this strategy and each game took about 8 minutes.

Kidd_Varrow.png

spacespider.png

My favorite way to play was to do siege and focus entirely on destroying the wall with the catapult. I immediately sent my guys to gather materials for the catapult and then did nothing but gather rocks the rest of the time. I almost always won with this strategy and each game took about 8 minutes.

Huh if this really does work out in 8 minutes, it's probably the best method out there :P

otherwise I'd go with a clan chat or light unit suicide.

Heavy units just aren't quite so good at dying to cannons from personal experience.

oh and:

I have never played it and am not a very good strategist.

PFFFT there is as much strategy to mobilising armies as there is to rock paper scissors.

Naaxi.png

Huh if this really does work out in 8 minutes, it's probably the best method out there :P

otherwise I'd go with a clan chat or light unit suicide.

Heavy units just aren't quite so good at dying to cannons from personal experience.

oh and:

I have never played it and am not a very good strategist.

PFFFT there is as much strategy to mobilising armies as there is to rock paper scissors.

While that may be a bit of an exaggeration, that's not too far off of what the game is.

Suiciding in siege is the most consistent way of getting ranks whereas catapult rushing will probably give you the best chance of earning 2 ranks.

If you ever find yourself needing to actually fight other squads:

ALWAYS USE SPECIAL TERRAIN! It really makes a huge difference. I've killed counters to my own squads simply by positioning my units on the terrain. I also believe that a squad can only be attacked by two enemy squads at once, so don't pile 1 enemy squad with all of you units and instead divvy up your units to focus on the enemy in pairs, making sure you make use of your counters.

Also clump your units around theirs after you've unleashed your specials. This makes it more likely for the enemy to hit their own units with their own specials (unless they use gliders, which I think are pretty mediocre)