What to do with 100m?

geesch

Well, what do you usually do with your time? That would be the best way for us to know what we should tell you.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

I am a skiller for the most part. Ive never tried boss hunting, nor do i think i have the combat stats for it. How about i rephrase it: if this was your 100m cash pile, what would you do with it?

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

If it was mine, i'd probably get herb up. Maybe even get magic/summoning up. Also try and get prayer up higher, but that might be a little harder then the other options.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

If it was mine, the money would go into herblore and prayer. That's what I'd do with it, but I'm mostly a slayer, not a skiller.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

What prayer/herblore lvls would you go for? And what method to train? Prayer is pretty obvious, but herblore has many options to train.

I might consider getting a bit heavier into combat. What should i get for slayer and summoning? I already have verac skirt, dh top, full slayer helm, fury, zerker - pretty much the basics. what should i get with all of this in mind?

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

http://forum.tip.it/topic/254457-grimys-reference-spreadsheets/

Check out this guide for the most efficient ways to raise those levels. Most people shoot for about 88 herblore (extreme attack and strength with greenman's ale), while others shoot for 96 (overloads). I don't know if you'd manage either even if you put all your money towards herblore -- it can be really expensive unless you level up by cleaning herbs, which can be difficult to do due to the market (and it can be a pain for your wrists).

Prayer is pretty obviously dragon bones on a gilded altar unless you can't really make money quickly. Most people shoot for 95 for turmoil and soul split -- though, unless you're willing to go that far, you don't need much over 70 for piety.

Just noticed the slayer part of your post -- I'm working on editing that in at the moment.

If you're willing to go into slayer, here's the gist of what you'll need:

Black mask -- later replaced by slayer helm once you have the points. If you range/mage any tasks, get focus sight and hexcrest for the full slayer helm

Verac's Skirt -- defence is pretty much the same as other barrows legs and it has a prayer bonus -- is very valuable if you use piety/other boosting prayers. If you use protection prayers, however, use proselyte legs.

Other barrows piece -- another barrows piece for the chest armour -- brassard's defence is too low to justify using it

Proselyte Plate -- Proselyte Plate+Verac's Skirt+Piety=enough defence for most tasks, and you save a ton on prayer potions over a different plate armour.

Dragon boots, Barrows Gloves -- best for the respective slots for melee

Rune defender -- the added accuracy far outweighs any defence bonuses from shields -- only exception would be when ranging or using an antifire shield/DFS (I don't recommend buying one of these) for dragons

Abyssal Whip -- best general purpose weapon in the game for 5 years in a row

Amulet of Fury -- I'm not sure how easy it still is to get these, so in case you can't, amulet of glory is best

Soul Wars Cape/Fire Cape -- I much prefer the soul wars cape, but in case you can't beat Nomad, fire cape works too. If you must, obsidian cape is possible.

Berzerker Ring -- use this on tasks when you hit pretty much every time. If you need more accuracy, then use warrior ring.

That covers the most commonly used items. Your average task will probably use those items. As for other things you might need:

Karil's Leathertop and Leatherskirt -- good for anything that uses a magic attack. Will probably be used most against waterfiends.

Zamorakian Spear -- crush weapon for waterfiends. If you have a Saradomin Sword, then that edges it out slightly, but if you have neither, Zamorakian Spear is cheaper and the difference isn't that notable.

Zamorak Robe Bottoms -- Treasure Trail reward that is very useful when killing spiritual mages -- 1 prayer bonus less than proselyte legs, but counts as a Zamorak item

Cannon and cannonballs -- a ton of tasks are greatly sped up by this -- I'd have to look at the task list again to see all of them, but the most notable are bloodvelds, dagannoths, aberrant spectres, and suqahs

Combat boosting potions -- prayer potions, super sets, ranging potions -- you'll need a ton of potions for slayer, otherwise your tasks will be pretty slow. There's not a single task that I don't use super sets on in some form or another, and I use prayer potions on most of them, so they're really advantageous.

That's all that I can think of at the moment.

MischlingsSH.png

From my current 73 prayer, 95 is gonna be 30m MORE than i currently have. With my skills and wealth, i cant justify that xD 80 prayer from 73 will cost 20m. is that worth it?

88 herblore is definitely an option i will explore. What method would you use to get from 79-88? I could make 22.5k super energies for 88 and lose ~ 60m. Worth it?

I will edit this once i see your edited post regarding slayer :)

Regarding the 99 mage/range comment - i would rather not get a 99 unless its a really good one. Call me crazy, but my goal is to get an untrimmed rc cape xD I can justify 95, maybe even 98, but i want to stay away from 99 until i get my rc cape.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

An SGS perhaps, i love my sgs couldn't live without it, also you mentioned that you solo TD occasionally, SGS really shines there as you will almost never need any food and the prayer restore also really helps, not to mention the massive hits from the GS alone.

MujGunGetDiv.png

I have every single thing you listed there for slayer xD Is there anything else worth buying that may cost more money?

Well, if you want to range any tasks, I would recommend Armadyl chest and skirt, unholy book/blessed spirit shield (depending on if you're tanking or safespotting), and both a rune crossbow with broad bolts and a large stash of rune darts (use on tasks in Kuradal's Dungeon). The only task that I think is worth maging is Ice Strykewyrms, but since both of us are too low level to kill them, that's a different topic. You'll also need a spec weapon, which I forgot to mention -- DDS, Enchanted Excalibur, Dragon Claws, and Saradomin Godsword are the best spec weapons, though which you'll use depends on the task. If you have all of that, then I don't know how much I'd be able to help you.

MischlingsSH.png

Again, i have all of what you said apart from the sgs and claws :S Which would you say is better to get? I have a regular spirit shield. Is 6m for a blessed one worth the minor stat improvements?

Ive never solod a td (apart from WGS LOL). dunno if i can do it. Is it in my league?

How would you go about training herblore?

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

Again, i have all of what you said apart from the sgs and claws :S Which would you say is better to get? I have a regular spirit shield. Is 6m for a blessed one worth the minor stat improvements?

Ive never solod a td (apart from WGS LOL). dunno if i can do it. Is it in my league?

Blessed or regular is kind of up in the air -- I use a regular one because I didn't feel like buying a blessed one, felt like I had better uses for the 6m, so I wouldn't do it unless you don't have much else you can upgrade.

As for SGS/claws, you don't really need either, and though I love the SGS to death, you don't really need it -- claws are a really good spec weapon anyway, but I'd just see if you have enough left for them after you get herblore levels.

As for herblore, I see that Morionic is reading this topic, so I'll just let him tell you.

As for TDs, it's possible with your stats, it's just not that efficient with 90+ stats and a unicorn -- at that point, they become pretty simple to kill. You can still kill them, however.

MischlingsSH.png

Blessed or regular is kind of up in the air -- I use a regular one because I didn't feel like buying a blessed one, felt like I had better uses for the 6m, so I wouldn't do it unless you don't have much else you can upgrade.

As for SGS/claws, you don't really need either, and though I love the SGS to death, you don't really need it -- claws are a really good spec weapon anyway, but I'd just see if you have enough left for them after you get herblore levels.

As for herblore, I see that Morionic is reading this topic, so I'll just let him tell you.

Thanks for the help :) I never really considered claws tbh. I always figured i would either use my dds, EE, or sgs, if i had one, on slayer tasks. Herblore seems to be the general agreement on this. Seems like a decent idea to me. I just wish it wasnt so bloody expensive.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

Look at the herblore spreadsheet in the guide that I linked to earlier -- it is a pretty in depth look at the costs of pretty much every method you can think of to get herblore xp. Read how the spreadsheets are laid out and what each column means. Keep in mind that some methods aren't all that viable -- cleaning herbs is hit and miss, but I recommend you always try to see if that will work. Mixes are even more hit and miss, but it's also entirely possible to train using them if you have a lot of patience (they don't sell well, but with a few, you'll make a profit even selling for minimum).

Also, it's pretty much impossible to get unfinished wergali or unfinished torstol potions, so those aren't good ways to level up either.

MischlingsSH.png

Super energies seem to be relatively cheap and fast. Is that what you would do?

They're a pretty good option, but I've noticed that combat potions are actually slightly more efficient right now. If you want a little extra speed, then go ahead and go with those, but I've managed 81-83 herblore with ~10m, which is quite cheap. It's also not that slow, but if you want a little better speed, go with super energies. And once you get the levels to make extremes, make them -- they're not that expensive (relatively) and they're really useful. Really, herblore is such a mess of possibilities that there are almost a billion ways to train it (it seems).

MischlingsSH.png

Super energies seem to be relatively cheap and fast. Is that what you would do?

They're a pretty good option, but I've noticed that combat potions are actually slightly more efficient right now. If you want a little extra speed, then go ahead and go with those, but I've managed 81-83 herblore with ~10m, which is quite cheap. It's also not that slow, but if you want a little better speed, go with super energies. And once you get the levels to make extremes, make them -- they're not that expensive (relatively) and they're really useful. Really, herblore is such a mess of possibilities that there are almost a billion ways to train it (it seems).

I will give combat pots some investigation. Never made one in my life xD Im cheap, so ill probably give those a try.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

I'd buy 99 construction and use the rest on decorating my house, then host house parties.

that would cost way more than 100m without much in the way of usefulness xD Thanks for the idea though. I might get 80 in all stats. It is appealing to look at 80s

Geesch.png

Geesch.png