File compressor?

Howlin0001

Atm I am using Winrar to compress two files. The total size of the two files uncompressed is 8.1GB and the size of them compressed in Winrar is 8.01GB. Is there anything I can do to help me compress the files more or a different programme that can do the same?

howlin1eeveesig.png

Try settting the compression to "High". Otherwise, try downloading 7Zip and using the .7z file format.

i was using the best compression method

What are the files you're trying to compress? Stuff like MP3s, AVIs, etc. simply will not compress any more usually.

A bit of everything really.

[hide]

pkfrlg133.png[/hide]

howlin1eeveesig.png

Yeah audio and video files can only be very marginally compressed, at best you get them down to maybe 98 or 99% of original size.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I can provide another option, albeit I don't know how well it can work for you, Howlin ... :)

The name of the program is IZArc, and it is capable of handling just about any compressed file type you can end up running into. No joke, I'm very serious here. Go to http://www.izarc.org/ -- IZArc's official website in order to learn about it, download it, and generally check it out and utilize it. Heck, you might find, like me, that you want to make it the single utility for everything you do with compressed files. For me, it ended up replacing WinZip (among others) permanently. But don't take my word for it, go learn about it and see for yourself! :thumbsup:

~Mr. D. V. "Damnit, I don't like sounding like a walking advert..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)