More Time

I find it very frustraiting how when I am typing something that takes maybe about 20 minutes, and the site kicks me off when I hit submit.

So far I have lost a quest idea, new area idea, and a very, very long story.

It kind of makes writing things to my greatest extend on this forum very difficult if I cannot have some time.

I am not sure when exactly I am kicked off, but it won't let me go back to copy it. When I click back, it says my page has expired.

If any of the administraitors glance upon my suggestion, and at the very least think about helping me expnad the time, then I thank you in advance.

-double

That is very odd. The only reason I can think of for it is that your browser does not support cookies and your browser is relying on session ID's to stay logged in.

If you're using Firefox. Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cookies. Ensure "Allow sites to set cookies" is checked.

If you're using IE. Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy. Ensure the slider is not set to "Block all cookies" or "high"

Apart from that, when typing out long posts, it is always practical to hit ctrl + A (select all) and ctrl+c (copy) before you hit submit.

Ok. Thanks for that bit of information.

Now for a little bit of off topic, what is FireFox?

An internet browser, a very nice alternative to Internet Explorer. Its a free download, click the link in Cam's sig if you're interested :wink:

Pdj.png

[02] -RuneScript- *** [ END ]: You gained 444,384 prayer exp in 5secs. That's 319,956,480 exp/h.

Firefox is an alternative web browser which is far superior to Internet Explorer (probably what you're using now.) It's faster, sleeker and easier to use. It's skinnable, has a bunch of extensions avaliable and is actively developed. It's open source and is more secure than Internet explorer because it doesn't support activeX (one of the most common ways spyware gets into people's PC's,) it isn't integrated into the operating system like IE so and also has an excellent history of patching any security bugs found in it (wheras Microsoft has been known to leave bugs for months without releasing patches.)

All in all, I strongly suggest you download it and try it :) It's 100% free. Switching from IE to Firefox is easy, the installation takes seconds and it automatically imports your favorites and internet options :) If you don't like it (which I doubt) you can always uninstall and go back to using IE.

Click my sig to go to the Firefox website - if you have any other questions regarding Firefox, feel free to PM me :)

Firefox is an alternative web browser which is far superior to Internet Explorer (probably what you're using now.)

I'm not using Internet Explorer. I am using SBC Yahoo! DSL... But thanks for the explanation. I just might check it out

Firefox is an alternative web browser which is far superior to Internet Explorer (probably what you're using now.)
I'm not using Internet Explorer. I am using SBC Yahoo! DSL... But thanks for the explanation. I just might check it out
SBC Yahoo! Browser is Internet Explorer, except Yahoo have "branded" it (like you brand cattle.) It works exactly like internet explorer, it just calls itself SBC Yahoo ;)

I find it very frustraiting how when I am typing something that takes maybe about 20 minutes, and the site kicks me off when I hit submit.

So far I have lost a quest idea, new area idea, and a very, very long story.

It kind of makes writing things to my greatest extend on this forum very difficult if I cannot have some time.

I am not sure when exactly I am kicked off, but it won't let me go back to copy it. When I click back, it says my page has expired.

If any of the administraitors glance upon my suggestion, and at the very least think about helping me expnad the time, then I thank you in advance.

-double

Workaround: write long posts in notepad, save them every now and then, and copy paste them into the forum when you're done.