DBZ Pixel Sig

neo_bahumat

Howdy Folks

Well i always swore i'd never do pixel sigs, and this is the only one im ever doing, as it was tough as hell, the planet alone took me 5 hours, if any1's interested, I would sell this, and give the money made to my buddy as i no longer play.

Special thanks goes to my buddy Jake (teenageloser) for making me complete it, i mean literally making me, the abuse was dreadful :D

well here it is

Version 1.0 (i will be improving the space to match the planet, because as pointed out, the space lacks depth compared to the planet, probobly coz planet = 5 hours, space = 30 mins :D)

completesample9vc.png

Enjoy

-=[Gaz]=-

wow looks good too bad its dbz :lol: .

hey, you can hardly diss dbz when half the pixel sigs are based on the worst morpg ever :D jkjk, thx bic dude, the earth was definatly my fav bit, was such a challenge, when i get a bit more spare time, im gonna do a bit more with teh actual space, looks a bit undetailed compared to the rest of the sig

thx all

-=[ Gaz ]=-

I have to ask, did you do the entire bit of earth there and put the two characters over it, or did you just do the bits that are showing through? either way it looks awesome

unfortunatly, adding the earth was kind of a last minute idea, it was originally going to be water/cliffs/destroyed landscape, so i drew the characters first, and added the earth last, probobly the harder way of doing it.

but i wanted to give teh impression, it was a battle to save the planet, or some crap, so i decided on a last second change of heart.

cheers m8

-=[ Gaz ]=-

Overall it's great, nice shading, lineart, proportions. Maybe just a bit more contrast on the character shadings. With such a nice Earth you made, I'm sure you could make just as nice a space sky with more than just a few stars. Just as you looked at earth pics for reference, just look up some space pics and such and I bet you could make it happen. :)

How did you pick sooo many colors for the Earth? I zoomed in there's a crazy amount. :shock:

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

Overall it's great, nice shading, lineart, proportions. Maybe just a bit more contrast on the character shadings. With such a nice Earth you made, I'm sure you could make just as nice a space sky with more than just a few stars. Just as you looked at earth pics for reference, just look up some space pics and such and I bet you could make it happen. :)

How did you pick sooo many colors for the Earth? I zoomed in there's a crazy amount. :shock:

well tbh, the earth was kind of luck how it turned out, i just kept almost scribbling with whites/greens/blues of a similar shade and well it just turned out ok, liek you say, the space definatly needs a look, though, after id finished the planet, im lucky i just didnt fill tool it in black tbh lol

thx dude

-=[ Gaz ]=-

No it's definitely pixeled, just because something is done with texture and done well, doesn't mean it's not pixeled. As he said it took him 5 hours, and I can vouch for that, as I said I was there the whole time, critiquing when needed. Now if you want to keep making ignorant accusations lets take a step back and look at your work. Where there is a lack of texture, color, cleanliness to the whole sig itself.

.... the earth doesnt look pixeled... it looks like a resized image thats modified or something

i have numerous saves on my hard drive showing it in 3 stages of colouring if needed i will provide them, if its because theres so much variation in colour, its because i have my mouse wheel set to my colour palette, so its easier to go a shade lighter or darker, with a swift flick of the ole index finger, if this dosnt make it a "true" pixel sig, then so be it

i take it however as a compliment you think it looks like a picture

thx for your input

-=[ Gaz ]=-

Only thing to me is that the earth looks realistic, and Goku and Vegeta look cartoonish; it does not seem to go together.

im going to keep teh characters as they are, as i feel its true to the series, however, i feel teh transition between the earth and the space, is a definate sign i was getting tired/bored

as mentioned, im working on improving it when i get a spare month

thx man

-=[ Gaz ]=-

Only thing to me is that the earth looks realistic, and Goku and Vegeta look cartoonish; it does not seem to go together.

im going to keep teh characters as they are, as i feel its true to the series, however, i feel teh transition between the earth and the space, is a definate sign i was getting tired/bored

as mentioned, im working on improving it when i get a spare month

thx man

-=[ Gaz ]=-

Anytime; glad I can help. :)

how do you make pixel sigs anyway... can you tell plz?!

theres no secret as such, you draw it the same you would as if you were drawig in pencil, draw an outline, and then colour, its a simple method, but is time consuming and requires servere patience

-=[ Gaz ]=-