My quest for woodcutting exp...

potatohead

I am on a quest to find the fastest possible woodcutting experience gain per hour in all of Runescape (out of boredom, and pure curiosity). Therefore, I come to you, the TIF community, to provide me different training methods for woodcutting.

With any method proposed, I'll do 5 hours of testing, and average my results to give a "practical exp/hour" number. I realize that it won't be entirely scientific due to human reaction times and such, but I hope to provide numbers that people can look at to give them an idea of how fast different methods are.

In question form: What are different training methods to achieve the maximum woodcutting experience per hour?

Fastest for general purpose is ivy.

Sawmill is fastest if you can pay attention.

Next is power cutting willows, barb assault owns for this as deposit box right there helps speed it up as dropping eats alot of time.

Teaks are 4th

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Fastest for general purpose is ivy.

Sawmill is fastest if you can pay attention.

Next is power cutting willows, barb assault owns for this as deposit box right there helps speed it up as dropping eats alot of time.

Teaks are 4th

In a word: No. Powercutting teaks is far superior to willows, no matter how you do it.

I think you both missed the point, actually (or I wasn't clear enough). When I'm looking for the fastest exp in the game, I'm not looking for umbrella statements like "chop teaks".

- Where do I chop teaks (or any other log)?

- How do I dispose of the logs?

- Do I use mousekeys to drop them or do I parcel/bank them?

- Do I use a familiar?

- Do I use the +1 boost on my WC cape every 50 seconds?

- What axe do I use?

- Is the inferno adze better than the dragon hatchet?

I've already got 99 woodcutting, so I don't need blanket statements like "chop willows". I am looking for specific methods to achieve the maximum amount of experience per hour, no matter the amount of focus it takes.

There's also a method I've read about briefly where you drop one log and click on the tree before you stop chopping. Can anybody give a more detailed explanation?