99 mage/range with 30m?

skylor12344

Ok so i have about 44m and i want to get 99 mage HOWEVER i dont want to spend all of it i would like to save at least 10-15m of it. So is it possible to get 99 mage with about 30m or so from 80 about 30k from 81? Same for range except from 81/82 possibly if i can get to 85 i would like to chin nech's using Bladewings guide if thats possible with about 30m.

P.S all i really need is a yes or no answer, if you say yes please give me any advice on how i should go about it because ill appreciate all the help i can get.

Hmm k i think ill just range some blue drags to get 85 range and some cash to chin at AA. What do you think is a good number to start chinning at around 40m maybe? I have void so i dont have to worry about getting that. This would be my first time chinning anywhere so should i do a few trial runs to get used to it?

Im failed at barraging because i cant lure right, from what i got told i can get 99 but its going to be on a tight budget. I dont really care much about getting a uni right now plus if i cant get 99 with 30m ill just use it on another skill or save it because i dont see a point in blowing 30m on mage if its not going to get me to 99 as even tho i love the skill it doesnt provide any benefits other than some better spells(barrage/veng which are useless to me cause i dont pvp or boss hunt) and a higher mage def which i dont really have a problem with now though. Im not trying to shoot down ur suggestion im just stating facts.

No point in doing it just for a cape. Your best bet would be getting a unicorn and getting magic up in the process. Range would be more useful if your really against Rock Lobsters.

Low_C.png

No point in doing it just for a cape. Your best bet would be getting a unicorn and getting magic up in the process. Range would be more useful if your really against Rock Lobsters.

No offence but its pretty obvious you didnt read my last post right above yours. I stated i do love the skill im not in it just for the cape, Im not interesting in getting a uni right now because i need a lot of charms and im currently doing slayer to 90 attack and 85+ slayer and im getting my charms from there. I want 99 mage because its helpful with mage defence for things like GWD when i do go and allows me to hit more when im maging at places like Steels/Irons and Barrows.

Now, i have recently done a few trips to barrows which resulted in my getting 1 v helm, 1 torag helm, and 2 dharoks helms so i have about 40m to spend and i was wondering if i can get 99 from that?

Well if you don't like bursting lobs, you can do string jewelry up to 86, and then plank make with mohogany up to 99, and that should be under 30 mil, I just did a quick calc and came up with 18mil from lvl 81 to 99 with plank make (note this is not possible because the lvl for plank make is 86) and that is if you bought 2 astrals and 1 nature and 1 mohogany log and payed the 1050 for spell cost you lose about 147gold per cast, which is 1.6 gold per xp.

goro_fujita.png

If your calculations are correct ( and im going to assume they are) i just checked and im going to need 104,852 plank make casts and i multiplied that by the amount of gold lost per cast which came out to

104,852 * 147 = 15,413,224 gp lost from 86 to 99.

Now if i do string jewelry from 80 to 86 what amulets should i string? keep in mind that that rouge trader has been nerfed so gold amulets right now seem like a really bad idea and also if you dont mind can you give me the cost of 80-86 doing string jewely OR would stunning dummys be a better idea?

For me, at lvl 80 magic, to get to lvl 86 you need about 1,611,398 xp, and with a mud staff, each stun costs 1 soul rune, or 207 at the moment which means this is about 2.3 gp/xp. So that will take about 17,905 casts, which will cost 3,706,215 gold. I would suggest doing this, because all amulets are crashing hard right now, so you will always loose more gold than you usually would, because the prices are returning to normal after the huge inflation caused by the rouge.

EDIT:

Also if you wanted some smithing xp also, you could go with the super heat gold with the gold smith gloves. But this also will be a big money sink because the bars are crashing also due to the rouge update.

EDIT2:

If you don't feel like stunning over the edgeville ditch, then you could make an elemental balance in your POH games room which apparently works exactly like the lumbridge dummies used to before they updated them.

goro_fujita.png

You can alch while you woodcut. You can still get 1000 alchs/hour while woodcutting. You can either do teaks and drop the logs with mousekeys or just do ivies.

Takes no extra clicks. Alching doesn't interrupt the woodcutting action.

Ok so im currently stunning the elemental balance in my POH but iw as wondering if anyone knew how many stuns/hr i can do so i can figure out around how long it will take to get rid of these 15k casts i have to 86.

Also i was wondering if anyone knew how long it would take to get from 86 to 99 mage using plank make?

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks as if you haven't raised your Magic in the past few weeks.

I'm also going for 99, considering that it has been stagnant for YEARS.

I'm afraid that there are only two good options: Stunning or Plank Make. I'm not sure how you only need 15-30M for Plank Make, considering you have all those Mahogany logs. Wouldn't it be better to just use those planks for Construction?

Stunning is the most cost effective with SC. Otherwise, you get roughly 100k xp/h.

Please give more detail into Plank Make. I understand that I'm still rusty with much of the newer features in this game considering I spent most of my time in 2003-2006 Runescape.

Plank make is about 20m from 86 to 99, about 160k exp per hour and MASSACRES your hands. Use mahogany.

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

Plank make is about 20m from 86 to 99, about 160k exp per hour and MASSACRES your hands. Use mahogany.

Well it couldn't be worse than burning 70K Maple Logs one by one, could it?

I did nearly all of my leveling by High Alching. That too, took a lot of clicks.

But can you use the mahogany planks later on for construction, or do you have to sell them back to the GE?

Well if you don't sell the planks back, then it is going to to cost far more than 20m if that is what you are asking. 20m includes the gained money from selling the planks back. But honestly mahogany planks are very very very expensive construction xp, it would be better to use oak doors i believe.

goro_fujita.png

Construction is currently the fastest skill to level in, but is a real money sink.

So even if I do Plank Make to 99 and sell the Mahogany Planks back, I'm still going to lose 20 mil.

Probably only good for the xp then. There's always stunning as an alternative.