Waterfiends

yuyu13

I'm 97 attack, 93 strength and will be using the following set up, most likely.

Helm of neitiznot, glory/fury, karil top and bottom, dragon boots, saradomin sword, fire/sw cape (which would be better), barrows gloves, and berserker ring.

Using a bunyip, protect range, and super attack and strength pots, could anyone give me a rough estimate of crimson charms per hour?

On a side note, how often can the familiarization minigame be played, and what are some cc's for finding the obelisks?

Thanks in advance for the help.

~yuusuke-u

well i used a similar setup to yours (except ZS instead of SS, Glory over fury, and Ardy Cloak 3 over FC/SWC (btw i would pick SW cape for the prayer bonus) and used RoL over Zerker(only because i got really nervous down there) and i was easily pushing 75-80/hr sometimes even up to 100+ /hr if i got lucky with the food drops. Dont forget to use Swallow Whole scrolls because the food drops can be a life save, Just dont depend 100% on them or your garunteed to get the floor wiped with you xD

I get 120/h with piety at 90-90 melees. There is no reason not to piety here, unless you flat out don't have the money to buy pots to get started, in which case i recommend you do green dragons for 1 hour then go to waterfiends.

yuki2d.png

With your levels, you dont really need protection prayers, you do fine with bunyip, scrolls, EE, and super set+monkfish. I did this for 2 weeks, and i managed 90-110 crimsons per 2 bunyips. My combat levels are considerably lower then yours, but with a bank right there, even I did not need prayer. You should average higher then me on that. So i would guess you could manage like 130+ crimsons in 2 bunyips. I'm not sure why you would use a bunyip since you can use a unicorn. I would advise that. And i think the average for a unicorn is about 80 crimsons per uni.

The summoning D&D is not very hard at all. You become a familiar, and you walk around this area and collect spirit shards. You must avoid the other familiars in there, as if you get close enough to the wrong ones, they can hurt you and shorten the time you are allowed to be in the spirit plane. Your reward is based upon the number of shards you managed to collect. The maximum you can collect is 60, and this merits 40mins of triple charm drops. This means 3 crimson charms per waterfiend in essence. Do not get your reward until you are ready to go to waterfiends. You can get your reward from pikkenmix at the obelisk, or pikkupstix in taverly. I advise being completely setup to go to waterfiends in order to maximize you reward. Once you collect your reward, use slayer ring to tele to relekka, run to the fairy ring, go to zanaris, and into the ancient cavern. I while the triple charm bonus is in effect, you should do everything you can to maximise your kill speed. Use super sets, and peity. Bring prayer potions to restore prayer from pietying. I advise using a Unicorn as this allows you to heal without breaking combat, unlike bunyip, where you cannot heal enough and you must eat or use EE or something that slows you down.

Good luck!

pere_grin.png

i highly recommend the following:

-- using piety

-- not using protection prayers (bring more food instead)

-- sw cape

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top