The Chronicles Of Narnia - December 9th

ClassicNerd

They've got the same graphics team as Lord of the Rings had, right? And isn't it filmed in New Zeeland aswell?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

well now the advertisments are starting like i see a few everyday so thats gonna make that movie soar up in ratings lol,

hopefully those previews are actual movie scenes, cause i know some movies show preveiws that were never in the movie.

They've got the same graphics team as Lord of the Rings had, right? And isn't it filmed in New Zeeland aswell?

Yeah the company is called WETA and the did all the visuals, costumes, props, etc. in LOTR. The one thing that should be good that since the book is shorter that they will be able to hold true to the plot.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

I think it has the potential to be very good, based on a few points:

.being set way back when, the characters aren't going to have stupid haircuts which will look ridiculous in a few years time (I'm looking at you, Harry Potter and co.),

.it's not really a "cult" thing, so there is less potential for mobs of die-hard fans getting annoyed because their favorite line was cut out,

.there isn't (or shouldn't be) and swirly, sparkly magic in the books -- nobody casts (in my remembrance) fireballs or lightning bolts, so there should be no opportunity for them to say to themselves "ah, let us sacrifice quality of character development and plot for the sake of computer graphics",

.it's filmed in New Zealand (I take it), which could make even a b-movie look like an epic.

Really, I think that this time if they just stuck to the plot of the book they'd be onto a winner; that wasn't possible with the Lord of the Rings, at least, not without extending the life expectancy of man by a few years so that we could watch it. This time, though, I can't see a real problem with it. No, the problem would come were they to try and make the Magician's Nephew, in which Narnia is created -- I can't see how they could really do that on film. They could sure do the rings right, however.