Valuing time

L0rdAki

I've gotta doom myself to poverty then.

Aiel, wouldn't you base your time realistically? You've got stats to actually earn that much. Also, snaps put too much of a dent in my profits with the stats i've come up with for farming herbs.

I recently mixed 1k unf potions for use in herby and it took me 40 mins. That's 1.5k/hour.

At about 200 gp per pot, that works out being 300k/hour. I'll compare with some irit potions and stuff.

Seriously, I'm from the other end of the spectrum. I can't understand how anyone without max melees, 1b in gear and extremes/turmoil can make over 1m/hour...

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

I've gotta doom myself to poverty then.

Aiel, wouldn't you base your time realistically? You've got stats to actually earn that much. Also, snaps put too much of a dent in my profits with the stats i've come up with for farming herbs.

I recently mixed 1k unf potions for use in herby and it took me 40 mins. That's 1.5k/hour.

At about 200 gp per pot, that works out being 300k/hour. I'll compare with some irit potions and stuff.

Seriously, I'm from the other end of the spectrum. I can't understand how anyone without max melees, 1b in gear and extremes/turmoil can make over 1m/hour...

unfinished potions takes 1 game tick to make per potion.

in order to make 1.5k unf potions per hour, you have to spend ~25 seconds banking

in other words. it is taking you 3 times longer to bank and click make-all

than it is taking you to make the potions.

you should be able to make 3k unf potions per hour assuming you spend an equal amount of time banking, as you spend making the potions.

Naaxi.png

The main problem is the loading, I think.

It has to load the bank screen then send the package to jamflex every time. On a basically dial-up (leeching wifi), that's taking at least 5 seconds.

Still, that's only 10 as opposed to the 25 that the numbers say. I'm either doin it wrong or the extra second or 2 I lose per action by watching tv/reading forums really adds up.

Hey, firstly as to making money a bit faster; kill green dragons in the CHAOS TUNNELS. It's multi so you won't get every single dragon stolen as I suspect you are in wild. Glory to edgevil, pot up in the bank and you HAVE to be faster than the numbers you've suggested.

Second, the value of your time on rs is a very complex question. It's a choice, not maths. Aeil touched on that - he CHOOSES to value time near his max gp/h. I would CHOOSE to value time much lower that. So it's upto you to decide what your time is worth.

I'm on dial up, and i can make up to 1m per hour at green drags if i wanted to while using my yak. I can also go do bosses if i don't have anything else running. I just say you're slow.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Well, yeah, maxed melee and yaks mean you can basically earn cash scratching your [wagon].

I'll give it another shot though - after I have super antifires :>

I think you're being a bit quick to blame everything on not being maxed - sure you won't make quite as much, but not by such drastic amounts.

Also, here's a thought, why not use the time you're stuck on a laggy connection to max out? Making money isn't the only thing to do.

Well I've given up herblore for now...putting cash into making more money so I can make enough for herby.

New topic coming right up.

Well, yeah, maxed melee and yaks mean you can basically earn cash scratching your [wagon].

I was able to get 500-600k an hour using war torts with lower combats. Like i said, I don't think its the dialup that limiting you.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I remember making atleast 300k gp/hr back in 2006 killing chaos druids and selling the unids. I was below level 70 combat so I fail to see how maxed combat makes everything unattainable. I think your main problem is a lack of motivation and will power. I'd check into killing snakes for their hides, they were in upwards of 700k gp/hr+ but I havent checked prices recently. They can't really kill you and i'm sure even with the crappiest of connections you could kill them fairly fast.

Edit: here is a link to Queltar's site for snake killing, he based the figures off of a spirit terrorbird and 90 melee's so your fairly close to that.

http://runescoop.com/html/rs_MMCombatSnakeVH.htm

Low_C.png