High Level Dungeoneering

ExitReality

I'm 55 Dungeoneering at the moment, mostly from penguins and lamps and such, I'm planning on starting to get at least 90+ sometime soon.

I have no clue what the best methods for getting the best exp rates are, I've just been doing it randomly with friends so far.

Should I solo rush up to a certain floor, rush all floors, open all doors and do everything on every floor with a big team, ect ect

Sorry if this has been asked, which it probably has.

The best way is to, as you stated, play with a big team. Not only will you get loads of exp per floor, but it's more fun as well.

Beware though, deaths can happen far more frequently the more people there are.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Also spending lamps and penguins points on dungeoneering is a stupid way to go.

As to truely benefit from the skill you need to buy rewards. Rewards cost tokens. Tokens are 1 for every 10xp, by doing 1 to 55 mostly on points etc you've lost out on like 16.6k tokens

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

As to truely benefit from the skill you need to buy rewards. Rewards cost tokens. Tokens are 1 for every 10xp, by doing 1 to 55 mostly on points etc you've lost out on like 16.6k tokens

I wouldn't say spending points and lamps is that stupid, you just need to set a limit. In my case I'm just using points to get to 69 because getting Prestige 35 faster will help a lot in the long run.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm not in it for the rewards, the only rewards that interest me are the Scroll of Life and possibly one or two others, most of my stats are 90+, and I need Dungeoneering to complete the set.

The best way is to, as you stated, play with a big team. Not only will you get loads of exp per floor, but it's more fun as well.

It's more fun if you find people whose playing style matches yours. Otherwise, it really, REALLY sucks.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

It's more fun if you find people whose playing style matches yours. Otherwise, it really, REALLY sucks.

My playing style is which ever one has the fastest exp rates, which is what I don't know.

So it's known and proven that you don't get tokens for dung xp via lamps/penguins?

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

So it's known and proven that you don't get tokens for dung xp via lamps/penguins?

No, you don't get tokens. Just like you don't get tokens for leaving a dungeon before you finish it.

That part suck imho.

last time i went there, i soloed a 'top' level to go and learn that skill by myself and without the rush of a team.

i'm still lvl 9 but i wanted to undeerstand some mecanic of it.

i cleared all the possible areas and couldn't make a decent armour for the boss (the one with the cadavre).

ok, i still managed the fight and lost very very near it.... after a good 25 mins of playing.

I exited and got 0 xp : ok but that is a pure pain.

I just wondered to play a few areas to get the prestige thing and got gabbages...

I know I'll do it until i'll get it but so much time for 0 xp is lame !

Oh baby light the dark side...

That part suck imho.

last time i went there, i soloed a 'top' level to go and learn that skill by myself and without the rush of a team.

i'm still lvl 9 but i wanted to undeerstand some mecanic of it.

i cleared all the possible areas and couldn't make a decent armour for the boss (the one with the cadavre).

ok, i still managed the fight and lost very very near it.... after a good 25 mins of playing.

I exited and got 0 xp : ok but that is a pure pain.

I just wondered to play a few areas to get the prestige thing and got gabbages...

I know I'll do it until i'll get it but so much time for 0 xp is lame !

You know you have to kill the boss to finish a floor and get decent exp right? And each boss either has some weakness or strategy required to kill it...like blocking the carcass...

You know you have to kill the boss to finish a floor and get decent exp right? And each boss either has some weakness or strategy required to kill it...like blocking the carcass...

Let me add to the pain !

I played the first three floors which, btw, was the most boring experience - i'd rather do something more exciting like watch paint dry !

Anyway, i spent like 1+ hour and i almost got a whopping 100 dungeoneering exp. - thank you for wasting my time Jagex :angry:

Maybe it is because i don't get the rules of this mini-game which is causing my gaming experience to be ruined

Doesn't look like I'll get a straight somewhat detailed answer, all I got was rant thread.

I assume rushing the higher levels on 5:5 small would be best, then using your really high newly acquired prestige level on the lower levels. Do like 5:3 and 5:4s on Large, depending on whether you're with friends or not. You might do medium for the higher levels, but you would probably have to lower the ratio to 5:4. You have to host too, from experience, the hosters usually just go by instinct and end up messing up.

The most important points are:

-Always do every floor you are able to before resetting, during the higher levels, a single prestige can make the difference between thousands of exp. Not to mention it takes forever to get it back up all the way.

-Risk more; I know a lot of people start doing 5:3s or 4:3s or 3:2s because they ultimately want the experience, but the chances of getting a puzzle on the required path with the maximum people is unlikely. Also, you get experience points even if the game ends without killing the boss if you've gone far enough.

-Do short term, do a floor and then don't expect to do the next floor with the same amount of people. Leave if you have to, don't chug it out and not like the floor.

I'm just generally conveying knowledge, I don't feel like reading rants as you say. Plus, I need to eat dinner.