Port for Xbox

Pitac83

So, I'm getting a xbox this weekend. I only have a modem with 1 port though. Was wondering if there was any other spot i could plug in the cord(think it's the ethernet cord) to somewhere and be able to get on Live.

If I can't can I call my internet provider and ask them to install or give me a router or modem or w.e so I can play xbox live and someone could be on the computer at the same time?

buy a HUB with more then one port, plug the Modem into that, then your PC and XBox Ethernet into the HUB.

Or buy a Modem with 2+ Ports, though you're looking to pay $150+ for one.

Popoto.~<3

A hub is a very bad idea as it is very old technology and sends information through all ports, not just the ones needed. You should buy a router or switch and plug it's cross-over ethernet cable to the one on your modem you aready have. A router is easier though.

I agree with sbrideau, getting a router is the best way to go. A decent one won't cost you much.

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

Yes, do not buy a hub or a switch. They can get messy at times and my old one kicked me off my internet whenever I printed to my network printer.

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin