Assorted Questions v2

L0rdAki

Ok, won't use cannon then. Piety and super sets increase melee exp, slayer exp and cash/hour, but cannon only increases slayer exp?

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

Ok, won't use cannon then. Piety and super sets increase melee exp, slayer exp and cash/hour, but cannon only increases slayer exp?

Since the cballs cost gp that can't be covered by the monsters you use to kill it with, Except for Spectres.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Kk.

Apart from chinning, what's the fastest way to train range?

Cannoning then throwing knives.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

When you chinned did you just stand there and throw at a pile of skeleton monkey's or did you move corner to corner and accumulate the monkey's into 3x3 squares. You also need to pick up bones that stack on top of each other in a pile and move them in a big radius to keep the spawn's fast and spread out. Try watching a video on youtube and you'll see that chinning is actually quite easy and efficient.

Low_C.png

Lowc, I followed the AoW guide, and picked up and shifted bones. 150k/1k chins.

You should be able to throw 1300 chin's per hour, which should net you 195k ranged xp/hr at your current rates, you have to remember you're only 83 ranged, and the xp/hr will raise exponentially, from personal experience you should get closer to 250k xp/hr when you reach 86-87 ranged, and at 90-92 you should be getting closer to 285k. The 320k xp/hr rates that chenwj claims is based on the best level and gear and potions possible I believe. It is very hard to average his numbers. I still suggest using chinchompa's at your level, only because you can easily make the money back faster than it would take using normal ranged training methods.

Low_C.png

Then you were doing something horribly wrong, I'm sure you could stand there with agro on and just throw randomly and get that sort of experience.

Low_C.png

It must be my ranged level. I was following the arc of wisdom guide, word for word, invent for invent (no void/geiser titans though).

I hate pc with a passion...:|

Void can't make that much difference, 10% at the most.

1. I cannot chin, it's official. I got like 150k exp from 1k chins in nearly an hour, following the Aow guide. >_> How can I train range fairly fast, while being cost effective? (no more then 4gp/exp cost)

2. Same with melee. I tried slayer, and though I love it to bits got abysmally slow exp rates. I need moar exps. How? (Prefer not to hear AZ's or Monkey Skeles)

3. If possible, on 55m, how could I maximise my slayer/melee exp while still profiting?

4. How should I go about constructing dugeoneering armour? I've ben wearing a melée piece, range piece, Mage piece that I get from drops for defence, but my accuracy takes a beating.

5. I don't have enough to invest in a rare. If I'm google away for a whil, invest in a few furies?

2 -> The reason you get good xp at AZ's and MS's is because you can use the salve(e) amulet which gives you an attack bonus towards undead monsters. If you don't like AZ's or MS's then pick another undead monster, any monster that isn't undead will not be able to compare to the extra xp you get from having an attack bonus against these monsters.

5 -> Good luck getting a fury, they are near impossible to buy.

goro_fujita.png

1. I cannot chin, it's official. I got like 150k exp from 1k chins in nearly an hour, following the Aow guide. >_> How can I train range fairly fast, while being cost effective? (no more then 4gp/exp cost)

2. Same with melee. I tried slayer, and though I love it to bits got abysmally slow exp rates. I need moar exps. How? (Prefer not to hear AZ's or Monkey Skeles)

3. If possible, on 55m, how could I maximise my slayer/melee exp while still profiting?

4. How should I go about constructing dugeoneering armour? I've ben wearing a melée piece, range piece, Mage piece that I get from drops for defence, but my accuracy takes a beating.

5. I don't have enough to invest in a rare. If I'm google away for a whil, invest in a few furies?

2 -> The reason you get good xp at AZ's and MS's is because you can use the salve(e) amulet which gives you an attack bonus towards undead monsters. If you don't like AZ's or MS's then pick another undead monster, any monster that isn't undead will not be able to compare to the extra xp you get from having an attack bonus against these monsters.

5 -> Good luck getting a fury, they are near impossible to buy.

Furies are buyable easily... the onyx ring isn't.

MujGunGetDiv.png

Holy cow...I just had to post this.

Slaying with Sh, Fury, Whip/defender/d boots/b gloves, lumby ring 3, sw cape, prosyl top/v skirt with piety and super sets...

I was really skeptical at first, but then i tried it...

I'm killing stuff heaps faster and taking wayyy less damage then if I had done it without piety. I'd say that upon first estimation, even if you value your time at 200k/hour (which EVERYONE can do), it's worth pietying over not pietying...You use like 4 p pots on a quick task, few more on a slow task (haven't checked yet, only had fast ones :P)...And it goes so much faster.

Everyone: Do it.

Holy cow...I just had to post this.

Slaying with Sh, Fury, Whip/defender/d boots/b gloves, lumby ring 3, sw cape, prosyl top/v skirt with piety and super sets...

I was really skeptical at first, but then i tried it...

I'm killing stuff heaps faster and taking wayyy less damage then if I had done it without piety. I'd say that upon first estimation, even if you value your time at 200k/hour (which EVERYONE can do), it's worth pietying over not pietying...You use like 4 p pots on a quick task, few more on a slow task (haven't checked yet, only had fast ones :P)...And it goes so much faster.

Everyone: Do it.

Seriously you should trust this forum.

MujGunGetDiv.png

I've been using turmoil and extremes on every task and it's well worth the cost. I would strongly suggest investing in prayer and herblore before ranged.

Low_C.png

Not all of us can get both of those..:P

Which would be better to start with?

I'd have to save for it all at once, though...>_>

I'm also thinking that Overloads > turm > extremes, but since overloads are hard to get, priorities should be Turm > Extremes > Overloads?

Or Extremes first?

Basically, how should I spend my cash i've got now? (42m pure $$ atm)