Unnecessarily large text and buttons?

Dracion1

Bit of an odd question here. My brother managed to fill his laptop up with several 1000 pieces of malware (I suspect he's gotten something whilst looking at gentlemen's literature), so I formatted and reinstalled XP for him. All went fine with regards to the reinstall, had some troubles with the application CD provided, but I managed to get all the necessary drivers and installers off the Dell website using my own laptop. However, all the menus, text and buttons seem to be unusally large. Went to try and size things down, but for some reason it says it's normal sized, which it's clearly not. Here's what I'm on about:

jrs3rb.png

Not the most pressing issue, I know, but any help would be appreciated. Changing the theme between Zune and Luna (the default XP one) made no difference. OS is XP Pro SP2 (will upgrade to SP3 tomorrow most likely) on a Dell Latitude D820. Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I suggest trying the advanced appearance properties, if you haven't already. It looks like you might be able to correct it by lowering a number of font and button size settings, followed by rebooting. :)

~D. V. "Yikes, that's oversize!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

It was the DPI. Thanks for the help :)

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."