Need help doing the body (pixel siggy)

xXAbyssalXx

Right now I've done the head but I'm kinda stuck trying to draw the dragon hide body. I've been looking at tutorials on here but I couldn't find anything on it. I made the face by joining some examples (made from scratch though) together so it may look familiar.

06js.png

Well, I did it and this is what i've got altogether.

07xx.png

I swear I mentioned that I get designs etc from other people and blend it all together. Maybe you should just read the thead a little more.

I made the face by joining some examples (made from scratch though) together so it may look familiar.

Yeah, it looks familiar, wich is not creative or fun. Try to create your own style.

timofp2.gif

Tutorials should be looked at lightly, it's difficult to teach creativity. Elv's guide is good but instead of focusing on the how to draw exactly the same way she did, notice how she did proportions. Many different styles can have almost identical proportions. You could use a tutorial to learn a bit of how to do coloring and lineart, but try to draw figures and shapes from non-artistic references such as RL pictures or screenshots from RS. One thing that I think is missing in Elv's guide is the part of observation, you'll need to learn how to convert any non artistic picture into your own style of art depiction. You'll be much more satisfied if you know you came up with everything completely by yourself and this is well worth all the work.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art