A way to slow down DL speed?

The_dmt1234

yeah i don't want mine to go so fast, i run out of downloads too quick, sometimes i just need to see part of a youtube video for example and its already downloaded like 50mb of it.

so yeah need like a browser add on or program to limit dl speed when i want.

any exist?

]ac_s_dc.png

kinda strange to want to download something slower....I understand your reasoning, but still, weird idea. Anyway, I don't think there is program for that, just run firefox and dl a bunch of useless add-on, it'll make it slower. Also open up a bunch of random tabs, run a couple of flash games in the background.

25Gb limit or speed? If it's the latter then I call "Hax!" :eek:

I know certain programs let you limit speed (uTorrent), but tbh by slowing down the speed you're not going to change the size of a youtube video, it'll just take longer to load. I'd suggest doing a hunt for programs that fix the description you posted, and also, try and limit how much time you spend on the web. If you still can't limit yourself enough, how about getting an 'unlimited' net connection?

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I use Free Download Manager to limit downloading speeds. It lets you right click on files & download them through the manager. You can limit the download speed through the app.

It hooks into both Firefox & IE, possibly others.

Not sure how this would integrate with YouTube.

You could Google "bandwidth throttle connection app" and get some different approaches.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Yeah I fail to see how limiting download speed will help anything.

If your only allowed 25gb a month of net usage whether you slow a download down so it takes hours/days or let it burn through in a few minutes its still gonna use the exact same bandwidth.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah I fail to see how limiting download speed will help anything.

If your only allowed 25gb a month of net usage whether you slow a download down so it takes hours/days or let it burn through in a few minutes its still gonna use the exact same bandwidth.

If he watches 100+ YouTube videos per day, half of which he stops halfway through, that's a good chunk of 'unused' data. By throttling the speed, he can effectively match the download speed at the rate he views the videos and thus no data goes unused. :)

It works for YouTube videos, but it wouldn't work effectively for downloading files. However, since the throttle is controlled via a piece of software, it can be changed depending on the situation.

hopesolopatriot.jpg