Which Dungeoneering weapon is better for me?

blizace

There is obviously many topics about the debate between the chaotic rapier and the chaotic longsword and I don't mean to be repetitive. However, many of these people are factoring in overloads and turmoil in their debate. I have 52 prayer and 50 or so herblore and really don't plan to raise these anytime soon (although I would obviously like to). My main stats include;

99 Attack

96 Strength

71 Defense

94 Hits

52 Prayer

50 Herblore

1 Summoning

61 Slayer

80 Dungeoneering

I plan to use the weapon primarily for boss hunting (Bandos for the foreseeable future) as well as training my slayer a bit to get charms for summoning. I also plan on using the weapon for pking, but I do not want a maul.

If anybody could give me their input on which weapon would be better tailored to my situation and why, I would be very appreciative. Thanks in advance.

rapier.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

also no offense but you should be training summoning and prayer not dungeoneering. Even with max melees I wouldnt put you on my team with 1 summ and unable to piety/bless.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Yeah I'll get 70 prayer soon and work on summoning as it comes, but dungeoneering was fun for me which is the reason I play the video game in my spare time. It's just nice that I get one of the better weapons in the game now.

Hey, well I have 80 Dungeoneering and I'm maxed melee and I do the occasional PKing, Boss Hunting and PvM

I boguht the Chaotic Longsword because it's in between the Rapier and Maul.

Rapier is good for Slayer, Training, Low Defence-Mid Defence Monsters/Enemies. The Rapier, I guess you could say is a Whip with more power and strength bonus. Apparently it also shines at Bandos ;)

Longsword is good for High Defence Monsters/Enemies (Tanks in PvP/PvM), High Levelled Bosses that need extra accuracy. The Longsword does just that, Accuracy with a load of strength. This sword is 1 speed shorter than the Rapier.

Good Luck chosing!

Chelsea FC #1

Join My Clan:

[qfc]290-291-830-65346534[/qfc]

Youtube Channel

It is almost like everyone thinks that everyone else is going to get the cls, so they decide to check it all out, and then they decided that the math supports the rapier because it is faster. While this does seem to be the case, and I have done calculations in different ways, I'm still gonna get the cls. Not because I did calculations and decided it is better or anything. I'm gonna get the cls because when dungeoneering came out, I looked at all the new rewards, and I thought "ooooh, I want that" (drool is implied) when I saw the CLS. I think it looks awesome, and well, I want it. So im gonna buy it with tokens, and be very happy with it. That is what I advise.

When you were looking through the rewards page, and you saw something that looked just absolutely epic, then get that. And when you want something else, well you have 80 dungeon, so you can join the pro teams and you know what you are doing, so go get the tokens for that thing next. Don't worry too much about which is the "best fit" for what you want to do. Both the CLS and the C Rapier are very good weapons, and they will both work for a huge variety of situations.

tl;dr version: Get the one that makes you happy :D

pere_grin.png

It is almost like everyone thinks that everyone else is going to get the cls, so they decide to check it all out, and then they decided that the math supports the rapier because it is faster. While this does seem to be the case, and I have done calculations in different ways, I'm still gonna get the cls. Not because I did calculations and decided it is better or anything. I'm gonna get the cls because when dungeoneering came out, I looked at all the new rewards, and I thought "ooooh, I want that" (drool is implied) when I saw the CLS. I think it looks awesome, and well, I want it. So im gonna buy it with tokens, and be very happy with it. That is what I advise.

When you were looking through the rewards page, and you saw something that looked just absolutely epic, then get that. And when you want something else, well you have 80 dungeon, so you can join the pro teams and you know what you are doing, so go get the tokens for that thing next. Don't worry too much about which is the "best fit" for what you want to do. Both the CLS and the C Rapier are very good weapons, and they will both work for a huge variety of situations.

tl;dr version: Get the one that makes you happy :D

I just get the stuff that owns the most.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.