Half-Life 1 and Team Fortress Classic Problems

Maze

Hello, I wasn't sure what forum to put this in, because it's about video games, but it's about tech help too, so if the mods want to move it, fine.

I bought the Half-Life 1 pack today.

But after 10 to 15 mins of playing, the game freezes. Same with Team Fortress Classic.

This does not happen with my other Steam games.

Things I've tried:

-Updating drivers.

-Verifying game cache.

-Defragging game cache.

-Running low/high priority.

But I'm still having the problem.

Can anyone help?

Half-life 1 is an epic game. No idea how to fix your problem though.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Does your computer have dual or more cores? It may be a long shot but I know a few older games I have tried have exactly that problem when trying to run from multiple cores.

So it is a long shot, but to try this, start the game then go to the control panel. Go to the process tab and find the game's process in the list (should be something like hl[Caution: Executable File]). Right click it and click 'set affinity...' Then just select only one core.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'm running a single core, but I'll try that anyway.

Would rolling back to old drivers for my GPU help the issue?

This ought to be in T&C really, but oh well, a mod will probs move it for you.

What are the specs of your machine? I know when I was playing this on my old desktop I tried force enable anti-aliasing via the Nvidia control panel, and that caused me to get random stuttering and blurry text problems in game so I had to turn it off. If you've got any specs tweaked this way I suggest you try turning them off, see if that helps. Also, are you running anything else in the background, like Xfire/instant messaging programs etc? If so I'd try turning those off to see if that helps.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."