*~Any Metallica Freaks Out There?~*

Amy

Personally, I think Metallica, as a band, their greatest influence and accomplishment would be One. It brings together great guitar riffs, astonishing solos and arguably the first breakdown ever recorded in Metal.

Nowadays, you hear breakdowns in all the metal and metalcore songs and in my opinion it is what brings out that element of metal that needs to be there.

Take away the breakdown in One and it definately isn't the song it's meant to be.

Metallica have sucked since the black album. I don't even listen to old Metallica anymore, it's nothing I can't get elsewhere. And Lars is a terrible drummer.

Well, i have to admit, i've seen some better drummers out there, lots of their live concerts he's been off beat and such, but i've also seen much worse.

About them going commercial though, you need to remember one thing... What is the reason 99.9% of all bands play? To make money :P

Metallica have sucked since the black album. I don't even listen to old Metallica anymore, it's nothing I can't get elsewhere. And Lars is a terrible drummer.

Well, i have to admit, i've seen some better drummers out there, lots of their live concerts he's been off beat and such, but i've also seen much worse.

About them going commercial though, you need to remember one thing... What is the reason 99.9% of all bands play? To make money :P

I'd hardly say 99.9%, not the bands I listen to anyway. Some bands like Zyklon. They know they're only appealing to a certain audience, a very small minority of people, yet they play on.

And the fact that there are worse drummers than Lars doesn't mean he is great :wink: He's not an especially bad drummer, it's just that he is too inconsistent. What he's recorded never sounds anything like what he plays like, and he has done a lot of 'fake' drumming. For example, on Dyers Eve, he couldn't play the double bass tracks, so he played a very small section of it, and looped it. Also on Dyer's Eve, he was too slow to do some rolls and then choke his cymbals, so he had his drum tech stand there while he played them and choke the cymbals for him. Disgraceful really, haha

Personally, I think Metallica, as a band, their greatest influence and accomplishment would be One. It brings together great guitar riffs, astonishing solos and arguably the first breakdown ever recorded in Metal.

well said one is a freakin awsome song.

Desti is Back (H)

flagani22393ar9.gif

I judge basicly all heavier-rock songs on Fuel.

The whole "Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire!" totally pumps you up, along with the "Fuuuuuuel, while I burn.."

Fade to black is another great song.

Orion is pretty good.

I heard Tuesday's Gone played by Metallica and really liked it. Turn the Page is another of my favorites.