*~Any Metallica Freaks Out There?~*

Amy

Just wondering how many fellow tip.it forum-ers are freaks of Metallica like I am :P

If so, post you're favorite albums, and/or favorite songs here, and we can see where our Metallica-Tastes lie :)

Personally, my 2 favorite albums would be

S&M (Best ever, i love it so much lol)

Master Of Puppets (Almost every single song is amazing on that one)

Favorite Songs would be

Until It Sleeps

Fade To Black

Nothing Else Matters

Leper Messiah

I'd love to hear your opinions :)

*~Amy~*

S&M was the best album EVER!

Fav songs are:

Orion (instrumental)

Seek and Destroy

The unforgiven II

Call of Ktulu

Master of Puppets

Fade to Black.

Lvl 80 construction.

Dragon Drops: 11 (4 Chains, 2 Axes, 1 Med, 2 Skirts, 1 Legs, 1 2h)

God Wars Drops: 4 Zamorakian Spears, 1 Godsword Shard 1

For me, Metallica died with Cliff. Kill 'em All, Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets were real masterpieces. After it they've gone to wrong direction. ...And Justice for All was ok, not too great but not a disappointment eiter. Black album (Metallica) was a total disaster for me. Ok, it isn't a bad album, but it isn't the Metallica I wanted to hear. Load, Reload and St. Anger were total crap, not even worth mentioning. S&M was ok, but kinda reminds me of a ripoff, just made to get some dollars. Carage inc is the best (or least bad) album from them after MoP, but it doesn't really count as they are just covering other bands.

Personally I see Metallica as a band that perfectly shows what metal is today. First it was hard underground (not in the same meaning as it's in nowadays) with anger, now it's commercial pop made to earn big money. My heart cried blood tears when I saw Metallica touring with Slipknot one or two years ago. An old metal legend touring with a band that's nothing but commercial pop group.

It's a shame that Newsted left Metallica. I liked more Burton's style, but Jason had some real Metallica spirit left. Mad headbanging at live gigs showed that he still has guts to be something.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

For me, Metallica died with Cliff. Kill 'em All, Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets were real masterpieces. After it they've gone to wrong direction. ...And Justice for All was ok, not too great but not a disappointment eiter. Black album (Metallica) was a total disaster for me. Ok, it isn't a bad album, but it isn't the Metallica I wanted to hear. Load, Reload and St. Anger were total crap, not even worth mentioning. S&M was ok, but kinda reminds me of a ripoff, just made to get some dollars. Carage inc is the best (or least bad) album from them after MoP, but it doesn't really count as they are just covering other bands.

Personally I see Metallica as a band that perfectly shows what metal is today. First it was hard underground (not in the same meaning as it's in nowadays) with anger, now it's commercial pop made to earn big money. My heart cried blood tears when I saw Metallica touring with Slipknot one or two years ago. An old metal legend touring with a band that's nothing but commercial pop group.

It's a shame that Newsted left Metallica. I liked more Burton's style, but Jason had some real Metallica spirit left. Mad headbanging at live gigs showed that he still has guts to be something.

Well, in some points i do agree, however, i do beleive Kirk is doing a great job now, and some of their newer albums really were good (ie, S&M, Garage, Black), but i too pretty much hate St. Anger, i felt that kinda ruined alot for them, but lots seem to still love it for some reason :P

Personally, i'm just waiting for them to go on tour so i can see them

*~Amy~*

Well, in some points i do agree, however, i do beleive Kirk is doing a great job now, and some of their newer albums really were good (ie, S&M, Garage, Black), but i too pretty much hate St. Anger, i felt that kinda ruined alot for them, but lots seem to still love it for some reason :P

I never said a word of Kirk, yes he's doing fine, being still one of the best solo guitarists :P Shame that Metallica didn't use his skills on St Anger, pretty hard for me to believe that they seriously did an album with no solos. Totally different to Kill 'Em All, that album was full of great solos.

For me, S&M was just another way to get money. Symphony orchesta made sure that people came to those gigs and people pretty much have to buy the cd as the old songs got new cover. I've heard many better live cd's than S&M and if I could decide now, I would rather have dled that album than paid full price at my nearby store. Garage inc. was good, but somehow I can't see it as a Metallica album. After all it's full of covers and songs they didn't make themselves. Black album was for me the album that turned a metal band into a commercial band. It's far too "soft", slow and has no anger. I have a feeling that it was made just because the big markets needed some softer rock albums. As an album it's ok, but these out-musical things kinda bother me.

Metallica's still kicking butts on stage, tho. Hetfield sure knows how to talk with the audience, most of their older songs are killers when played live and their musical skills haven't gone anywhere. Shame that there's some pop fans at the audience who are there to cause problems, not because of Metallica and their music.

signaturehoh.jpg

I prefer older Metallica, but i still like all of their more recent albums. I know a lot of metallica fans hate Load/Reload just because they don't sound like MOP, RTL etc, but i actually enjoy both albums.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

I prefer older Metallica, but i still like all of their more recent albums. I know a lot of metallica fans hate Load/Reload just because they don't sound like MOP, RTL etc, but i actually enjoy both albums.

Oh i don't mind the Load and Reload albums at all :) just can't say they are my favorites. I enjoy Until It Sleeps (Fav song afterall), Hero Of The Day, Devils Dance, and Fuel, which compose of those albums, just some of them i generally don't listen to as much. I guess im too hooked on S&M :P

Get your head out of the gutter! I Mean the album lol

I can't say I heard more than the S&M album, which I absolutely loved. I don't really care if they 'filled their pockets' with that. I think the band was rich enough already before they had done that and it was something new they wanted to try. But I'm not a metallica expert, since I've heard no other albums than the S&M, so I could be wrong.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Oh i don't mind the Load and Reload albums at all :) just can't say they are my favorites. I enjoy Until It Sleeps (Fav song afterall), Hero Of The Day, Devils Dance, and Fuel, which compose of those albums, just some of them i generally don't listen to as much. I guess im too hooked on S&M :P

Get your head out of the gutter! I Mean the album lol

I see where you're coming from, i'm just so used to hearing the usual reaction of "oh that doesn't sound like old Metallica, so i hate it". Most people won't even give those albums a chance, and they can't appreciate that over the years bands change. I'm not saying it's their best work, but it is still good - even St Anger!

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Master of Puppets probably Favourite album, Maybe Black or Kill Em' All.

S & M is amazing!

Fav songs?

Nothing else matters(Fav song of all time).

Four horsemen

Fade to Black

And Unforgiven II (Yes though its more recent it doesn't stop it owning).

hohto it seems it realy bothers u what the pop industry is doing 2 metallica and metal as a genre. And personaly I couldn't agree with u more. It hurts my eyes 2 see a once great genre like metal turn into a commercial money making machine. Everything metal once stood for is now falling apart. Pop industry is like an apochalypse for metal.

Favourite song: Enter Sandman (the only good song on the Metallica cd)

• 2 weeks later...

Metallica are an awesome band and have done a lot of excellent stuff. Lots of people don't seem to like St. Anger but I think it's a pretty good album, even though it isn't their best.

Like Hohto said Metallica are one of the best live acts in the world.

st. anger is still worth buying.

Nah. :|

Metallica though is my favorite metal band of all time. :D

1. Master of Puppets

2. Ride the Lightning

3. And Justice for All

4. Kill Em All

5. Black Album

st. anger is still worth buying.

Nah. :|

Metallica though is my favorite metal band of all time. :D

1. Master of Puppets

2. Ride the Lightning

3. And Justice for All

4. Kill Em All

5. Black Album

Those are the only 5 I consider "great" after that eh...I thought load and reload were boring etc. etc.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I'm also a big Metallica fan and I must agree that St. anger is worth buying. After Load and Reload, I think they're moving into the right direction again. And I'm hoping they bring out a new album soon.

Favorite album is without a doubt Master of Puppets.

Hope to see them again in Belgium soon :)

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Im prolly one of the biggest metallica fans u will find in australia :D

Fav SOng would have to be Nothing else matters it is just a great song and reflects on the Death of Cliff.

I wasnt very impressed when i first got Saint Anger but once u listen to it more and get to know the lyrics u grow to love it.

Cant wait for the next album apparently Dave Mustaine is goin to be on it :o

Desti is Back (H)

flagani22393ar9.gif

• 2 weeks later...

That's something I'd like to hear from some official source. Mustaine got kicked from Metallica because of some personal things (well, it was said the reason was alcohol, but if you really got kicked from the 80s Metallica because of alcohol, you must have bathed in it) and there are some Metallica parodies in some of Megadeth's songs. Listen to "go to hell" for example, released at least on Hidden Treasures. There's also a lot of similarities with some of their songs. It's understandable that their old (Kill 'em All and Ride the Lightning) have influenced many Megadeth's songs, after all Mustaine played on KEA and probably trained with Metallica playing RTL songs.

Anyways what I know, Mustaine seems to be "worshipping" Metallica and Lars&James have hit him down time after time. Anyways Metallica has gone so commercial now that I can imagine a title "Old Grudges gone, Mustaine with Metallca after tens of years" at news papers.

signaturehoh.jpg

That's something I'd like to hear from some official source. Mustaine got kicked from Metallica because of some personal things (well, it was said the reason was alcohol, but if you really got kicked from the 80s Metallica because of alcohol, you must have bathed in it) and there are some Metallica parodies in some of Megadeth's songs. Listen to "go to hell" for example, released at least on Hidden Treasures. There's also a lot of similarities with some of their songs. It's understandable that their old (Kill 'em All and Ride the Lightning) have influenced many Megadeth's songs, after all Mustaine played on KEA and probably trained with Metallica playing RTL songs.

Anyways what I know, Mustaine seems to be "worshipping" Metallica and Lars&James have hit him down time after time. Anyways Metallica has gone so commercial now that I can imagine a title "Old Grudges gone, Mustaine with Metallca after tens of years" at news papers.

I remember hearing about him and why he got kicked.....I guess it would be interesting if he joined up.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

personaly id love to see it happen im a metallica and megadeth fan.

Desti is Back (H)

flagani22393ar9.gif