Woodcutting questions

Goldenjkered

I was wondering, what is the best thing to cut from 81 - 99 woodcutting? At the moment I'm cutting yews at the Gnome Stronghold because I like xp and money. Also, what are the chances of a bird nest falling out of a tree, and how long do they stay on the ground? (I always seem to miss them when they drop).

Edit: Also, generally how long does 99 woodcutting take?

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

I powered teaks all the way to 98 then Ivy came out..

Go to teaks until 92 then Ivy to 99.

99 Woodcutting took me along time, Since I did 1 or 2 levels, had a few days break, repeat.. I'd guess it'd take about 2-3 weeks of casual playing from 81.

dzuz3d.jpg

Ivy, or drop-cutting teaks with an adze.

I powered teaks all the way to 98 then Ivy came out..

Go to teaks until 92 then Ivy to 99.

99 Woodcutting took me along time, Since I did 1 or 2 levels, had a few days break, repeat.. I'd guess it'd take about 2-3 weeks of casual playing from 81.

Ok, but I was wondering what the best thing is to cut for both money and xp, are yews still the best?

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Generally, the higher level the tree, the less likely you'll find a nest. This is from my own experience.

If you have Ancient Magicks, and completed Summer's End, that Cursed Magic Tree in the Wilderness is the best spot to cut magic logs in the game, provided you're okay with spending half your time in the Wilderness.

Also, what are the chances of a bird nest falling out of a tree, and how long do they stay on the ground? (I always seem to miss them when they drop).

Nests replace logs. The faster you chop the logs, the more logs there are to replace, and the more nests you get. That means lower-level trees give more nests.

Ok, but I was wondering what the best thing is to cut for both money and xp, are yews still the best?

No. Yews are pretty bad--the xp is very slow and the profit is weak. Ivy would be roughly twice as fast, and you could easily make up the lost profit (and then some) by some other method.

If you insist on profit through woodcutting, you should at least go with eucalyptus, which are faster xp than yews and better profit as well.