RuneScape Is Very Choppy

Maze

Hey guys.

My RuneScape is very choppy for some reason. Every second, it freezes, then unfreezes, making the game unplayable.

My Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT

2 GB of RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate

Things I've tried:

-Updating Java.

-Using different browsers

-Using the desktop RS client

But nothing works. It happens on all graphics settings. I noticed that it is happening with all other Java games too.

Help?

Maybe try the RS Forums? There's JMods there who specialize in those kind of areas along with some players who don't try to be WBM's acting like they know what they're talking about. :P

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

Maybe try the RS Forums? There's JMods there who specialize in those kind of areas along with some players who don't try to be WBM's acting like they know what they're talking about. :P

If he wanted their help, he probably would have posted this there...

But yeah this sounds like an Internet problem. Do you have any issues with offline games that have better graphics than Runescape?

I don't know much about specs, but I know that RS has fairly low specs, especially at the lowest detail. From what you've said, you have a fairly decent computer.

Don't see why your computer couldn't run it. And you updated Java. And it's not working for other Java games.

I''m not an expert by a long shot, but the only logical answer to me is your connection.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

What's the ping on the worlds you're playing on? If there's high ping you're going to get results like that. Your specs are better than mine and my computer can handle it no problem.

Chances are that it's your connection. Do a speed test maybe? http://www.speedtest.net/

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp