The best skill in the game

elucin8er

You say 'one minigame' as if all minigames are equal. The Dungeons of Daemonheim is a superior 'minigame' to any other combat training method. It's one of the few parts of Runescape that requires the brain of the player to pull off. Choice is good, but only if the choices are good.

I don't think its the superior minigame.

Its PVM, you have a predefined strategy for most bosses. Most rooms are memorized into your head after the 5th time, and then all its about is opening all the doors everytime someone throws a dungeon at you.

Not to mention that i could train magic in dungeoneering as well. So if it really was the superior minigame (its really not), magic would still give you far more options in the training of, and the use of, the skill.

Ah. i think you may have missed the main argument in my post: skills aren't meant to be "trained" they are meant to level while you enjoy every second of playing runescape. Grinding is a sign that gameplay is bad because it shows that you're doing an activity for the sake of exp, NOT because the activity itself is entertaining.

Theres no reason i can't have fun while training magic right? Oh no, i can only EVER have fun in dungeoneering because it forces me to have jagex's definition of "fun".

Why is dungeoneering suddenly the superior skill because it forces you into a minigame that your supposed to consider fun. Wouldn't a skill with more choice in the matter, allowing you to have fun if you so wished, or if you wanted the XP a little faster so you can have fun in other aspects of the game, allow you to train it in other methods like alching.

Dungeoneering:

Play this minigame, its so much fun!!! Everyone loves this skill now because the minigame is so much fun!!!

If you don't like this minigame, too bad!

Magic:

You can use/train this skill wherever you want, you can have fun with minigames, don't worry, if you get bored of the minigame there are various other methods to use magic as well. Like versing monsters, or playing other minigames like castlewars, you can even play this new daemonheim minigame if you so wished.

If none of that appeals for you and you just want to do something while watching TV, then you can just alch or train in another method.

Of course, its definately inferior to dungeoneering because it doesnt force you into it!!! Lets make jagex force people to play a boring PVM minigame and then call magic fun!

"playing the fun card?" You outline how combat shows versatility, therefore being more enjoyable to many people. you examine dungeoneering simply as a "minigame". in your terms: you played the "minigame card".

No, im playing the you can train or use this skill however you want instead of being forced into a singular, crap minigame card.

you ignored all the different options you can choose while dungeoneering that minigames don't provide: 3 sizes, 1-5 players, going with friends or making new friends ........ etc. etc. etc....

Its still the same game. The same general feel.

I'm raiding a dungeon with 2 people instead of 3, wow it makes such a big difference!

now if you don't enjoy any of those, another strength of dungeoneering as a skill is that you can completely ignore it without being penalized for it (like summoning, slayer most grindeable skills. you NEED combat for quests and other activities, you require magic for transportation, you can't go without making thousands of useless chairs you just destroy if all you want to do is design a cool, personal dungeon to show off in your house.

I didn't think not needing a skill would ever be an argument as to how good it is. But ok...

If your a boss hunter, or even someone who likes PVP, farming, etc. Dungeoneering sure as hell helps, and if you really want the best, it could be considered a requirement.

based on their merit as varied, fun activities that a large proportion of the community will enjoy, skill integration, development of runescape as a game, playability, accessability without inane amounts of grinding, gameplay time dungeoneering excels compared to all the other skills.

No it doesnt, its forcing you into a single minigame that you may not even like. Why wouldnt i want a skill that can be used in, and can be trained in multiple minigames, including your so called fun dungeoneering minigame.

Just because its a "grindable" skill, does not mean its a grindy skill. It means that there is an option to train the skill via grinding. It also means that there are other methods of training the skill which may not be a grind, the main thing here is it lets you do whatever you want to train the skill, instead of being forced to train it in a particular manner that you may not even like for various reasons.

O.O

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic